To strengthen our e-Bike Systems engineering team located in Cham (ZG), Switzerland, we are seeking a Battery Engineer to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be part of our development team, working on complete electronic systems including hardware / software and components to achieve a bike vision in collaboration with designers, product managers and frame engineers.
How you’ll make a difference
1. In-house testing of e-bike system
- Component level testing focused on verification of Li-ion Battery hardware & firmware
- Together with mechanical and software engineers verify third party solutions
- Develop proprietary solutions where needed
- Collaborate closely with the quality team to determine the scope of testing, test cases, etc.
- Support complete system testing (standalone system and complete bike)
- Evaluate compatibility of electrical and electronic components and designs from suppliers
- Assist quality team in tracing field issues and coordinate with suppliers to implement necessary fixes
2. Be in charge of electronic aspects of future e-bike systems components
- Write detailed requirements for Li-ion battery packs based on needs of product management & quality team
- Collaborate together with suppliers in order to achieve state of art solutions
- Collaborate with software and mechanical engineers on the team to realize a bike platform vision
- Continuously keep an eye out and assess novel technologies for their applications in e-bikes
- Together with product and engineering managers, develop viable strategies for dual sourcing of critical system components
- Come up with creative solutions to seamlessly integrate e-bike components into to the bike while not losing focus on user experience and quality
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Experience in product development, e.g. consumer electronics
- Knowledge of Battery Management Systems of Li-ion Battery packs
- Knowledge of CAN bus protocol
- Experience in test automation from an electrical hardware and software perspective
- Self-motivated and independent way of working, ability to identify problems and create solutions
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence a benefit
- Ability to multitask effectively among different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills as you will collaborate with and coordinate between hardware and quality engineers, software developers, program managers and suppliers across the globe (10-20% national and international travel)
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken), German is a plus
- Passion for cycling is a plus
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
At Specialized, innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages discover the joy of riding a bike, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future. We believe that bikes have the power to change lives, and serve as a powerful weapon against climate change. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.