Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
A great place to add value right away is as a Brand Development Manager. You’ll elevate the brand in your respective market for riders and retailers to experience the best Specialized has to offer. You’ll also develop a deep understanding of business planning and execution, setting you up for a long lasting, successful career with us.
How you’ll make a difference
- Develop and support the existing retailer network, and expansion opportunities in the relevant areas to grow total market share
- Support external and internal product trainings by owning education and brand awareness programs for retailers and riders in your market
- Implement and use the business intelligence tools provided to support riders and retailers
- Ensure sales guidelines and merchandising standards are withheld throughout the market
- Coordinate with various departments within Specialized, including Brand Sales, Brand Experience, Marketing, Retail Success, Specialized Bicycle Components University, and Custom Product Teams to meet performance objectives
- Understand rider trends within your market, create Specialized distribution plans to best serve the rider
What you need to win
- Consultative sales approach with stellar negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt immediately
- Excellent communication skills including written/oral/presentation
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with the ability to work without close supervision
- 2+ years direct sales experience in a wholesale distribution environment with knowledge of a specialty sport industry
- College degree in Business or Marketing related field
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and a willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to re-locate to reside within the market
Tell Me More
- Based in Chicago area
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!