Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
A critical member of the Bicycle Center team, the cycling specialist balances a passion for people and excellence in retail.
A Specialized Cycling specialist is front line and point person for our store, working directly with riders, both present and remote, as a host, mentor, brand evangelist, and customer service ace, to identify and locate the goods, services, and experiences needed to provide solutions quickly and frictionless to keep them riding longer and better. A cycling specialist delivers locally authentic interactions that express inclusive, transformative, and ride-focused experiences. The cycling specialist delivers exceptional rider service; enhances rider satisfaction; and aids in meeting sales and profitability goals.
- Deliver best in class rider-service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of rider satisfaction
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking questions and listening to riders' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs.
- Inspiring the rider to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the specialist, Specialized, and the purchase process.
- Delivering transformative, inclusive, ride-focused, locally-authentic and collaborative experiences for staff and riders alike inside and out, c/o the Specialized Retail Way
- Work with riders directly to determine their needs/identify their problems and subsequently recommend the right product or service
- Assist in ensuring that visual merchandising standards are met and maintained, restocking as needed, ensuring product presentation areas remain clean and organized.
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
- Use company literature/resources and available training to stay current on product features
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching.
- The employee should be able to lift at least 20 lbs. or more and use proper lifting skills.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!