Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
A critical member of the Specialized retail network, the Retail Support Specialist balances excellence in retail operations, customer service, and a passion for digital excellence, backed by the power of a great brand.
Specialized is focused on innovation and pushing the boundaries of what is possible to make every ride amazing at all levels, for all riders. We make the best product and work hard to deliver the best experiences at retail, but at times riders' needs shift and our staff can support outside of the four walls we call a store. This role focuses on supporting the sales and service staff by managing the digital rider interactions with the store to manage the flow of inventory and identify and locate the services/goods needed to provide riders with the right solutions on their time – ride time!
A rider/customer service-focused role using existing digital systems to communicate with our riders (text, e-mail, digital leads, etc.) to better manage expectations and enable more success for the store and ultimately deliver the goods and services to the rider. This role will reward diligent, detailed, and focused bike-fans who share our core belief that bikes change lives. Primarily focusing within a point of sale system, e-mail client, and our database software, this role will expedite the process of meeting our riders wherever they are and delivering results faster, working closely with the staff and location managers, while exemplifying our core values: the Retail Way, to deliver a digital experience that is transformative, locally-authentic, inclusive, and ride-focused. In addition to digital communication and platform management, the retail support specialist oversees the receiving and management of on-hand inventory to the store
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking qualifying questions and listening to riders' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the rider, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the purchase experience
- Proficiency in Lightspeed point of sale systems and store operational websites
- Deliver best in class rider-service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of rider satisfaction
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- IKEONO, point of sale business texting
- SHIFT Lead-Generation, business leads
- In-store phone answering and voicemail management
- Receiving new product and inventory management
- Cycle counting and inventory reconciliation
- Store transfers tracking and transporting
- Managing and tracking webstore sales and coordination of delivery
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends and some holidays
- Required to stand for extensive time periods, walking, kneeling, reaching, and climbing ladders.
- The employee should be able to lift at least 25 pounds or more and use proper lifting skills.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!