Be on the front line of Roval rim, wheel, and component development.
Do you want to be the person to make the world’s best bicycle wheels and components a reality? Would you enjoy spending time on the manufacturing floor and in the test lab knowing that your projects will move the cycling industry forward? The best designs are only possible with the right manufacturing, and we are looking for someone to be the ears, eyes, voice, and brain which enable our suppliers to make our products happen.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- You’ll be the eyes, ears, and voice at suppliers, leading to a clear understanding of what goes on at suppliers in Taiwan.
- Enable communication between international design Engineer team and suppliers
- Work with suppliers and the design Engineers on carbon layup decisions
- Help suppliers and design Engineers solve problems related to manufacturing processes
- Push suppliers to advance their technology, materials, and layup methods
- Project/ Component Development
- Manage manufacturing development of assigned projects from sourcing to final production approval.
- Monitor first prototype assembly to ensure that all parts assemble properly and have sufficient clearance for correct operation and document all production steps and processes.
- Complete all documentation as required for the new product introduction (NPI) process;
- Ensure the final assembled product is within tolerance of the 2D drawings. Complete all document updates for production before pilot.
- Manufacturing Development and Process Improvement
- Work with suppliers to review manufacturing processes to ensure the highest sample and production quality and consistency are achieved.
- Establish best practices in manufacturing at chosen suppliers to increase throughput and quality of product.
- Complete control plans for all parts to ensure manufacturing requirements are documented and part meets drawings.
- As required design fixtures and gauges using Creo 3D and 2D to support projects.
- Research advanced technology and process to support new project requirements.
- Be responsible for quality and technical issues throughout development, providing root cause analysis with proposals for solutions and improvement.
- Be an agent of change for continuous improvement both internally at SBC and externally at supplier side.
- Survey and audit all supplier quality controls ensuring they are following project requirements and supplier standards.
- Engineering Team Continuous Improvement:
- Work with engineering team to improve & document new processes and make our engineering team stronger.
- Work on finding root causes of field return problems &/or manufacturing issues and suggest product improvements.
- Check /solve & troubleshoot fit; strength and function of prototype products.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Engineering Degree (mechanical or manufacturing)
- Problem solving, and negotiation skills necessary to advance supplier manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication and documentation skills (written, photo, video)
- Hands on problem solving (mechanical aptitude)
- Minimum 2 years Engineering experience.
- Carbon layup experience
- Bicycle wheel building experience
- CREO CAD and Agile software experience
- Mechanical component design experience