Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
Are you a hardworking graphic designer with an interest in packaging and retail design? Are you looking to work in a fast paced creative environment? If you were able to answer yes to these questions then we want to talk with you!
Specialized is seeking a Graphic Designer to join the Product Presentation team (Packaging and Retail). We are looking for someone with strong organization and time management skills who is able to quickly produce accurate production files based on established templates and keep multiple projects organized and moving.
In this role the Designer will cross-functionally collaborate with Marketing, Brand Managers, Product Managers, as well as external Vendors to interpret Style Guides, Digital Assets, and Copy into Packaging die lines, as well as create and design retail displays and POP.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Render comps and build prototype packaging and POP for reviews
- Prepare production ready art for print
- Maintain brand integrity across all design
- Support with other print and brand collateral needs
- Create and adjust die lines for packaging and printed pieces
- Participate in team meetings and be able to provide updates on status of projects
- Be a hands-on teammate, willing to step up to new tasks and opportunities
- Maintain organization and keep ongoing maintenance of files on company shared drives
- Communicate with vendors to execute packaging production including reviewing proofs and giving feedback on samples.
- Brand and product assets include but are not limited to:
- Permanent merchandising, temporary merchandising, promotion support, other visibility assets
- Design displays for marketing campaigns, concept innovative ways of telling product stories in retail environments, and elevate design of retail experiences
- Collaborate with retail marketing to elevate how a rider experiences stories, marketing messages, and product in environment, trade frameworks, customer presentations, launch kits; etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Degree in Graphic Design or Packaging Design preferred or minimum 2 years relevant experience (internship experience considered)
- Advanced computer skills using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), CAD skills preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, managing time and prioritizing projects according to their due dates
- Accuracy; strong attention to detail is key
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Portfolio with recent work
- A passion for cycling and outdoor activities is a plus
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!