Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
Do you appreciate turning wrenches, data collection, and are interested in the structural lab testing and evaluation of bicycles? If you were able to answer yes to these questions then we want to talk with you!
We are searching for a mechanically inclined individual to join our team as a Test Lab Technician. You will be responsible for laboratory test setup, tear down, and documentation for bicycle frames, forks, and components.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Set up and tear town of standardized structural lab tests – this is the main job function.
- Complete reporting documentation daily for a clear history of every test performed.
- Build sample frames from production and prototype parts using engineering drawings
- Use and help maintain laboratory equipment, this includes hydraulic actuators, data acquisition equipment and custom fixturing.
- Perform inspections of parts after testing, including visual, cross sectioning, and dimensional measurement.
- Manage an inventory of parts needed to complete testing, communicate or order and take initiative when parts inventory is low.
- Communicate promptly across multiple mediums with the design team potential issues, test results, timelines and solutions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- You are a good learner with the ability to follow instructions & operate independently where needed– most equipment is highly specialized and requires training with both software and hardware
- You are detail oriented in both execution of tasks and communication of results.
- Possess troubleshooting skills– diagnostic work on both product and laboratory equipment is essential.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- You can communicate clearly in written and verbal form across multiple engineering teams around the globe.
Compensation: $21-$24 an hour
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!