Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
Are you driven by helping people to find their dream job and aiding their success while they’re in it? Do you love getting to know people and finding that missing piece to build more effective and efficient teams? Are you passionate about cycling and ready to spread it far and wide through authentic relationships? If you answered 'yes' to these questions, then we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a People and Culture Generalist to join our Owned Retail Team and help us to find the best talent to support our growth! You would develop our recruiting strategy, lead HR processes including payroll & benefits to help us retain and improve employee satisfaction. In this role, you act as a true partner to the business and a brand advocate for both our rider experiences and our culture. You will work directly with our retail teams with the shared vision of pedaling the planet forward!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Embed yourself in the Specialized culture, deeply understand who we are, our way of working, and what we believe.
- Act as the main point of contact for recruitment, benefits, payroll, and for employees for our Owned Retail division.
- Own recruiting and general HR duties outlined below;
- Work closely with Global People and Culture department to lead job postings and interview scheduling.
- Lead recruiting across multiple functions, including resume review, interview scheduling, and leading debriefs.
- Partner with hiring managers to make strategic hiring decisions to elevate their teams.
- Direct the candidate offer process – including extending offers and closing candidates.
- Build pipelines of talent that can be utilized on-demand as new positions emerge and needs shift.
General HR Duties:
- Maintain and update employee records and benefits files in HRIS system
- Guide employees and educate on the details of the company's benefits
- Communicate directly with employees, resolve any benefits-related issues
- Collaborate with external vendors and brokers on benefits
- Guarantee adherence with legal employment regulations
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Human resource experience or experience in a related field
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Desire to collaborate with other departments and external service providers to maintain high standards of coverage
- Passion for the Specialized brand and how we are changing the world through cycling
- Current with relevant employment regulations, laws, and market habits
- Dedication to the candidate experience - you are self-aware, well-spoken on the phone and via video chat, eloquent in emails
- Three to five years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!