Do you love building relationships with fellow cycling enthusiasts? Are you energized by working on fast-paced, driven, and fun projects? Can you drive and own projects from their inception to their final phase? Would you love to join an innovative brand and a talented team in bringing the best products to our riders? If you answered "yes" to these questions then we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a Supply Chain Lead to join our industry-leading team! Specialized is more than just a bike company. We are a company filled with passionate cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts who are dedicated to innovation, environmental advocacy, and creating bikes & equipment (shoes, saddles, helmets, apparel, etc.) for every kind of rider. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, fast paced, and passionate culture and make a significant difference in the cycling community with amazing products that cyclists love.
As a Supply Chain Lead, you will be a strategic and tactical business partner with Product and Engineering. This is a role that is fully integrated into product teams involving pro-active collaboration and communication with the entire team. You will be regarded as a 2nd chair in negotiations; eventually evolving into the lead negotiator. To be successful in this role you must grow to fully understand the product and business; be inquisitive and solution oriented. You will establish supplier relationships and understand their processes to drive for success.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Own all aspects of On-Time production with ultimate accountability for both New Product Introduction (NPI) and In-Line products.
- Recommend and implement actions to improve vendor performance as needed.
- Facilitate timeline development and adherence for all developed/engineered NPI projects.
- Engage directly with suppliers to ensure development/production schedules are clearly communicated and tracked towards.
- Drive utilization of all necessary team members and integrate them into projects as owners.
- Coordinate with Product and Category Leadership teams to develop and refine product line offering.
- Coordinate with Supply Planning to provide guidance on production availability, allocations and capacity constraints.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN:
- Requires a minimum of 5 + years’ experience in an in-house purchasing department
- Prefer experience in bicycle or other consumer/recreation-related industry
- Requires strong analytical skills and attention to detail Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization skills. Competent with time management, deadlines, multiple projects and the ability to handle frequent interruptions
- Proficient mechanical aptitude helpful
- Attitude that fosters continuous improvement
- Travel to Asian supply base about 4 times a year
- Self-motivated. Able to work with or without close supervision
- Excellent computer skills including Windows, Word and Excel
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, or related field