HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Engineer meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists & lead the industry.
- Team collaboration with engineers, designers, product managers, developers, graphic designers, and supply chain.
- Brainstorming new concepts and ideas for our products & work to gain insight for the needs of all riders.
- Project/ Component Development
- Manage manufacturing development of assigned projects from sourcing to final production approval.
- Monitor first prototype assembly to ensure that all parts assemble properly and have sufficient clearance for correct operation and document all production steps and processes.
- Complete all documentation as required for the new product introduction (NPI) process;
- Ensure the final assembled product is within tolerance of the 2D drawings. Complete all document updates for production before pilot.
- Manufacturing Development and Process Improvement
- Work with suppliers to review manufacturing processes to ensure the highest sample and production quality and consistency are achieved.
- Establish best practices in manufacturing at chosen suppliers to increase throughput and quality of product.
- Complete control plans for all parts to ensure manufacturing requirements are documented and part meets drawings.
- As required design fixtures and gauges using Creo 3D and 2D to support projects.
- Research advanced technology and process to support new project requirements.
- Be responsible for quality and technical issues throughout development, providing root cause analysis with proposals for solutions and improvement.
- Be an agent of change for continuous improvement both internally at SBC and externally at supplier side.
- Survey and audit all supplier quality controls ensuring they are following project requirements and supplier standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with Pro Engineer (Creo) skill
- Proven project management skills
- Experience with forging, tube manipulation, welding and brazing are preferred.
- A background in the field of electronics and electronic motors is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese are very important for working in our fast-paced environment.