The Vietnam Quality Engineer develops new products, enforces Specialized’s quality standards, investigates issues, and drives continuous improvement to elevate the brand.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Work closely with our suppliers and cross functional teammates to evaluate bicycle components and assemblies in accordance with Specialized’s quality standards. Be hands on with the products ensuring they meet customer expectations, are delivered in a timely manner, and risks are sufficiently mitigated.
- Assure consistent and predictable quality of product by developing and enforcing effective quality systems, validation processes, and procedural documentation.
- Use problem identification and resolution tools such as PDCA, DMAIC, and 8D.
- Perform studies and testing related to component compatibility – CCT.
- Perform bicycle assembly and product FAI.
- Perform audits of manufacturing processes and finished goods.
- Contribute to the quality improvement strategy by monitoring and owning supplier metrics such as SCAR, QMS audit etc. and drive supplier quality improvement plans.
- Own Quality responsibilities in the NPI process to ensure proper quality management is in place before the start of production for each new bike product that goes into production.
- Support customer satisfaction by driving root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action implementation with our suppliers on field issues.
- Support on time delivery by working closely with the Supply Chain teammates to provide accurate updates on factory output and issues.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related with at least 3 years manufacturing experience including minimum 1 year quality related experiences.
- Experience with problem solving with methodologies such as PDCA, DMAIC, 8D etc preferred.
- Experience with Quality Management System such as ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and auditing experience required, certified auditor preferred.
- Working experience in bike assembling required.
- Working knowledge of metrology equipment, GD&T, carbon fiber manufacturing, aluminum manufacturing preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill and team work required.
- Excellent communication skills in English speaking and writing required.
- Excellent communication skills in Chinese speaking preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required.
- Ability to use data analysis tools such as Minitab preferred.
- Ability to travel independently throughout Vietnam required.
- Ability to travel independently globally preferred.