Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Hourly, less than 25 hours a week
Location: NYC/ Madison, NJ/ Livingston, NJ
Comp Range: Undisclosed
Working at retail is one of the most important experience to be able to solidify a career in the cycling industry. Because of the long-term partnership between Hilltop Bicycles & Specialized, this role will create a closer connection between the teammate & Specialized and could potentially lead to roles within the brand.
Service with a smile. The Cycling Specialist is the front line and point person for our store and is the conduit for creating confidence in all riders who enter the store. Cycling Specialist’s work with riders, both present and remote, to identify and locate the goods and services needed to solve the riders’ problems
and keep them riding longer and better. All cycling specialists are expected to maintain a professional attitude, with empathy, sincerity, and enthusiasm at the forefront of their personalities, thus reflecting store’s commitment to our rider. Additionally, all cycling specialists should be constantly developing product knowledge by completing all supplier training and pertinent B2B information to communicate it to the rider.
• Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking questions, and listening to riders’ needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
• Inspiring the rider to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the specialist, our suppliers, and the purchase
• Deliver best in class rider-service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of rider satisfaction
• Work with riders directly to determine their needs/identify their problems and subsequently recommend the right product or service
• Assist in ensuring that visual merchandising standards are met and maintained, restocking as needed. The product presentation needs to be clean and organized.
• Develop and cultivate strong buying relationships with riders
• General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
• Staying current with promotional events and sales.
• Use company literature/resources and available training to stay current on product features
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
• Required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching.
• The employee should be able to lift at least 20lbs or more and use proper lifting skills
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!