Part Time Service Technician – Hilltop Bicycles – New York
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Hourly, less than 25 hours per week
Location: NYC/ Madison, NJ/ Livingston, NJ/ Summit, NJ
Comp Range: Undisclosed
Working at retail is one of the most important experience to be able to solidify a career in the cycling
industry. Because of the long-term partnership between Hilltop Bicycles & Specialized, this role will create
a closer connection between the teammate & Specialized and could potentially lead to roles within the
The Service Technician’s primary responsibilities include assembling, tuning, and maintaining bikes
for clients and sales floor. Service Technicians work with riders to identify and locate items needed
to solve the riders’ issues and keep their bicycles in top riding condition. All Service Technicians are
expected to maintain a professional attitude, empathy, sincerity, and enthusiasm at the forefront of
their personalities, thus reflecting Hb’s commitment to our riders. Additionally, all staff should be
constantly developing product knowledge by completing all supplier training, reading current
technical bulletins, and pertinent B2B information in order to effectively communicate it to the rider.
The Service Technician’s job is very important, as we depend on well serviced bicycles to make the
customers’ experience in our store the best experience imaginable.
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; providing “wow” customer service.
- Responsible for properly taking in all service work including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate amount of repairs and completing those repairs within a 48 hour turnaround time frame.
- Advises and assists customers with their product/service selection without bias.
- Communicates with bike service manager repair and warranty part needs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Assists with bike sales and any other bike floor duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the bike shop manager.
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking questions and listening to riders’ needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the rider to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the specialist and the purchase
- Deliver best in class rider-service that ensures ongoing service and high levels of rider satisfaction
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
- Use company literature/resources and available training to stay current on technical features
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching.
- The employee should be able to lift at least 50lbs or more and use proper lifting skills