Retail Store Manager – Hilltop Bicycles – New York
Working at retail is one of the most important experience to be able to solidify a career
in the cycling industry. Because of the long-term partnership between Hilltop Bicycles &
Specialized, this role will create a closer connection between the teammate &
Specialized and could potentially lead to roles within the brand.
Manage the staff and the location with an owner operator mindset, focused on being the local face of the
Hilltop Bicycles brand. Grow the local market for family, road, MTB, gravel & eBike categories by building
a robust community of stoked cycling fans in greater NJ area. Drive commercial viability of the location.
Hilltop Bicycles welcomes riders of all experience and skill levels. Successful candidates will develop,
support, and expand the family, road, mountain biking, gravel & curious eBikers (path, road, & mountain)
community in Madison or Livingston, NJ. Be the liaison between Hilltop Bicycles, and the brands we
represent, with the communities we serve.
Manage the team to ensure a positive experience for every rider. Create & maintain a local marketing
plan that engages brand level activations and increases awareness of Hilltop Bicycles in the local
market. Leading by example. This means not being afraid of getting your hands dirty, literally. Managers
at Hb help with sales and mechanical work when needed. This isn’t a desk job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commercial viability
- Owns the growth of the retail store: finds new riders, develops new channels of awareness, drives the area’s cycling community into the retail center.
- Owns the budgeting and management of the location to ensure commercial viability & goals are reached (sales attribution and direct revenue)
- Quickly and positively adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Owns the development of creative ways to improve the rider interaction and conversion
- Drives ‘organic’ sales by managing a relentless marketing campaign to local riders.
- Works with the Hb and supplier marketing teams to evolve and innovate rider awareness
of the location and services.
- Implement and provide feedback on all retail marketing activations
- Supports local brand marketing activations and strategy
- Owns the development of the internal space to effectively communicate brand messages
based on rider interactions with specialized technologies.
- Become a product expert and maintain current relevant stories in your display space
- People Management
- Attract and inspire great talent. Make this space the destination to start and build a career
in the bike industry
- Manages the staff at location to deliver the best Hilltop Bicycles experience possible
- Help service to manage the work required to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Work closely with other store managers and warehouse towards common goals
- Culture and Community
- Engage with local and regional advocacy groups
- Be the face of the Hilltop Bicycles in public forums
- Ensure that all riders are left with a feeling of awesomeness and stoke about Hb.
- Grow and maintain local riding community
- Build and manage positive, supportive relationships with our Cycling Club
- Daily operations
- Visual Merchandising
- POS management
- Demo system management
- Rider communication
- Focus on the Rider (consumer centric approach)
- Detail orientated
- Inspires people
- Leader with insightful and compelling vision
Qualifications & experience:
- 3 years of outdoor or bicycle retail (preferred)
- Leadership role in a retail environment
- Locally, or nationally connected to the riding scene on a fundamental level
- Corporate B2B sales experience is a benefit
- Must hold a valid, clean driving license
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 401k company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision allowance
- Paid Vacation