Are you a proven leader who understands the why and how behind the customer journey? Do you have expertise in both the digital and retail spaces and love creating messaging that will draw new customers to the brand? Do you thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing environments? If you answered "yes" to these questions then we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a maestro of conversion to join Specialized USA as the USA Marketing Director! In this role you will balance multiple results-driven teams in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where you partner with product, supply chain, sales, operations, finance teams to hone a strategy, create a consistent, lasting message, and drive brand and commercial success. Both digitally and within retail, we want the expertise in converting people to Specialized riders through the strategy & execution you and your team will own & drive.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Set the tone, pace, strategy, output, & expected results of the USA Marketing teams in conjunction with the sales organization.
- Lead the USA Marketing team in Morgan Hill to understand, adapt, & execute our digital stragtegy & engagement, product launches, sales promotions, national events, communications, ambassadors & athletes, and creatively engage riders of all sorts to lift the brand & drive revenue.
- Lead the USA Marketing Field team spread across the USA to educate & inspire our internal teams, our retailers, and riders about our brand & product.
- Lead the USA-based SBCU team in Morgan Hill as well as SBCU.com to educate, refine, inspire our internal teams & retailers about our brand, technology, facilities, & product.
- Plan, manage, & execute the annual budget & inventory across the teams while partnering with the product, sales, & category management teams to align efforts.
- Be intimately involved & knowledgeable in product direction, timing, details while influencing creative executions and go-to-market strategy.
- Drive the brand to efficient, scalable, smart, repeatable, helpful marketing tools and technologies to keep us at the forefront of rider engagement, brand health, and trackable conversion.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Strong understanding & empathy for different rider / consumer groups with reasoning on how to successfully engage through a myriad of channels.
- Strong & versatile experience in digital & social engagement, advertising, campaign activation.
- Understanding of how to achieve commercial success w/ strong financial acumen to marry marketing & sales goals.
- Ability to manage multiple teams while aligning their understanding, education, & execution with the rest of the teams across the organization.
- Ability to travel 1-2 weeks a month along with skin thick enough to make a crocodile envious.
- 8-10 years of marketing experience. 6-8 years of experience in management & team leadership.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, strong presentation ability, & a team player.
- 4-year BS / BA degree in marketing, business, and / communications
- Proficiency in writing, speaking, Microsoft Suite products, Adobe products, etc.
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!