Are you ready to collaborate with other curious minds to drive to adoption of bikes as the preferred method of local transportation and recreation? Are you connected with the latest trends in mobility and ready to drive the future of how people move? Do you enjoy the challenge of leading a multi-disciplinary team to find and capitalize on marketing and communications opportunities in unique ways? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a creative leader with an eye for the details and the humility and ability to get dirty in the work to join our team! Sixty-eight percent of the world’s population will live in and around urban areas by the year 2050[i]. With this rapid urbanization our transportation networks are being stressed, so cities from Bogota to Berlin are re-thinking road space with an eye toward two wheels instead of four. In addition to helping solve our traffic problems, bikes, electric or otherwise, directly combat the pressing dangers of climate change by eliminating the most carbon intensive car trips (short ones) and help to alleviate public health threats such as air pollution and increasing rates of physical inactivity. With this global shift in mind the Specialized team is driving hard for change and has ambitious plans to seize this unique moment. As a member of that team you’ll be working on a global scale, collaborating with our teams in Morgan Hill, CA, teammates from around the globe, and those working on our Turbo E-Bike innovation group in Cham, Switzerland.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Working within our Turbo E-bike Marketing team you will have responsibility for leading, collaborating on and developing visual pieces of marketing including:
- Turbo E-Bike Brand Visual Direction
- Product launch materials
- Digital Campaigns
- Retail and in-store campaigns
- Website visual experience
- Collaborate with Digital and Social teams
- Event branding and collateral
- Out of Home and Printed advertisements
- Internal/external communication graphics
- Art Direction and Production of Photoshoots
- Providing design support for a variety of stakeholders including Retailers, e-Commerce team, Sales team, and Specialized Bicycle Components University
You will also
- Initiate design ideas to all internal and external audiences
- Contribute strategically to complete design business component
- Manage design processes to make sure timely delivery projects
- Strategically deliver against the need of the business
- Providing design support with the larger Global Marketing Design team
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite in particular Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Premier, After Effects
- Experience in both print and online, with a strong understanding of branding, marketing, communications and advertising
- Ability to identify issues and alternatives and recommend possible solutions
- Heightened customer expectation, experience and service awareness
- You must be able to deal with conflict, listen with empathy, review, and follow through to completion
- Set and exceed expectations clearly with team members
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Must be hard working, organized, and motivated.
- Are understanding and adaptable with frequently changing deadlines and requests.
- You produce rapidly, with accurate beautiful, dynamic work.
- Project-manage and prioritize own work and communicate delays or likely delivery times for creative work to team
- Possess strong interpersonal skills: you’re a positive team player with excellent communication skills and capacity to work well with a team and as an individual
- Will take part in Marketing and Product team meetings and communicate requirements for design elements to the broader team
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!