Are you a highly-detailed and organized professional who geeks out on technical information? Do you enjoy the challenge of seeing projects through from start to completion, while making a direct impact on the consumer? If you were able to answer "yes" to these questions then we want to talk to you!
Specialized is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join the team and help create the future of next-level service in the bicycle industry. We’re a group of riders creating solutions to serve our fellow riders with the best products, tools, and support in the business, and we’re looking for the right person to join the team and elevate our game into the future.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Create technical documentation (manuals, bulletins, 3D renderings) in support of bicycles and other complex products
- Become a product expert through collaboration with Product Development and Engineering teams to inform content creation
- Work within a team to establish and expand technical content creation workflow and best practices
- Partner with Legal to incorporate requirements into content and ensure all documents meet or exceed them
- Scan the environment, across the globe to ensure content is industry leading in form and function
- Actively participate in enhancing the execution on New Product Introduction by providing best-in-class documentation that is first-class, accurate, and adheres to project timeline.
- Support Specialized Retailer Education & Marketing departments with Technical Education content creation as needed
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 5+ years in a technical writing position
- Proven ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Acute attention to detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Demonstrated effectiveness working cross-functionally and cross-culturally in a global environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite. Experience with 3D software (ie CAD)
- Background in web design or creating content for web preferred
- Working knowledge of product development processes and PLM systems
- Proficient with prioritization and multi-tasking. Able to manage several projects concurrently.
- Adept with communication, particularly highly technical subject matter.
- Self-motivated, team player
- Strong knowledge of bicycles a plus
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!