Are you a talented, motivated, and experienced Creative Director ready to lead the creative department at one of cycling’s most iconic brands, and make it one of the world’s most iconic brands? Do you have solid business and project management chops as well as an eye for detail? Can you build and mentor a stellar team with diverse skillsets? If you were able to answer "yes" to these questions then we want to talk to you.
We are searching for a Creative Director to join our Global Marketing team! As the Creative Director you will lead the graphic design and creative teams to deliver engaging content that sets our brand apart and inspires our riders across the globe. You will stay plugged into global markets to understand their needs, the needs of our retail partners, the needs of our riders, and the pulse of cycling worldwide. You'll be working cross-functionally and connecting with all of our departments to deliver great results at a rapidly growing company. To be successful you must be a strong leader with the ability to maximize the talents of your teams to create truly great work under tight timelines. You will develop a creative plan to deliver content that serves our brand and commercial needs, and will be working closely with Specialized’s founder as well as key internal and external stakeholders to align that plan with company goals. This role will be a global leader at the brand, our arbiter of great, our ambassador of creative, the voice that ensures we stay true to our identity as we grow and reach new riders.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop and champion the strategy and vision of Specialized’s creative in support of the overall brand and marketing objectives, and channel business needs
- Drive and direct creative strategy and deliverables of multi-channel campaigns. Guide all creative efforts to deliver premium, modern design and creative solutions
- Continuously promote and evolve the Brand Style Guide to drive brand consistency across channels
- Share best practices and innovative creative solutions from the design/competitive landscape with a continuous pulse on current trends and noteworthy activities
- Represent the creative discipline in overall leadership of the team setting the example for creative excellence always leading by example
- Participate in making difficult decisions for the creative services team, and demonstrate grace under pressure in difficult situations
- Participate in resourcing for the creative services team which includes planning project teams for upcoming projects, and adjusting resources as necessary on current projects
- Focus team efforts to ensure efficiency, prioritize projects, align resources and measure results
- Inspire and motivate the entire creative team by promoting a high-performance fun environment, a strong sense of urgency, quality standards, creative exploration, innovation, and continuous learning
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Minimum of 5 years of creative and brand leadership experience, with a focus on high quality design and content in premium consumer and e-commerce environments
- Minimum of 3 years of people management within creative or studio environments, and ability to build a team by identifying the right creative talent, developing designers and writers from a creative aspect – improving their skills to become incredible creative talent
- In-depth experience across all mediums from the retail floor, digital design and visual story telling; including developing designers and writers
- Demonstrated creative expertise in a broad array of areas including multi-channel campaigns, print and digital advertising, retail POP, signage, packaging, web design and usability
- Strong creative design sense for premium products with a focus on the big picture
- Highly organized with good project management skills. Able to juggle multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities and needs as well as managing external partners, agencies, and freelancers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including experience in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, as well as Microsoft Suite.
- Proactive in nature and driven to act with a sense of urgency; able to work well under pressure and with demanding deadlines
- Successful track record leading a creative team; able to delegate, coach, mentor and provide effective direction and feedback
- Strong collaboration and influence skills; able to build effective relationships with stakeholders across organizational levels
- A global mindset with a keen interest to make Specialized an iconic brand
- Optimistic, energetic and naturally brings the fun to the office
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!