Santa Cruz Experience Center Manager
Manage the staff and the location with an owner operator mindset, focused on being the local face of the Specialized brand. Grow the local market for MTB, gravel & eBike categories by building a robust community of stoked Specialized fans in Santa Cruz & the Bay Area. Drive commercial viability of the location through the sale of ‘brand fan’ merchandise & conversion of sales in local retailers post demo.
Specialized Santa Cruz welcomes riders of all experience and skill levels. Successful candidates will develop, support, and expand the mountain biking, gravel & curious eBikers (path, road, a& mountain) community in Santa Cruz County using the Experience Center as a ride hub. Align and collaborate with local advocacy groups and other constituents on trail stewardship and trail network expansion goals; be the liaison between Specialized and these allied groups. Position Specialized Santa Cruz as the indisputable hub of riding culture within the local community.
Manage the team to ensure a positive demo experience for every rider. Work with local retailers to build awareness and use of the rider services at the experience center. Create & maintain a local marketing plan that engages brand level activations and increases awareness of the Experience Center in the local market. Ensure follow ups with riders who have demoed bikes are complete and help close the sale for our local Specialized retailers. Track the sale of bikes at local retail after demos have been completed. Establish and manage corporate partnership programs that enable employers’ teams to discover cycling and become healthier & more productive employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commercial viability
- Owns the growth of the experience center: finds new riders, develops new channels of awareness, drives the Bay Area cycling community into the experience center.
- Owns the budgeting and management of the location to ensure commercial viability & goals are reached (sales attribution and direct revenue)
- Quickly and positively adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Owns the development of creative ways to improve the rider interaction and conversion metrics.
- Actively follow up with riders to help convert demo rides into purchases at local retailers
- Drives ‘organic’ demos by managing a relentless marketing campaign to local riders.
- Works with the Specialized USA marketing team to evolve and innovate rider awareness of the location and services.
- Implement and provide feedback on all Specialized retail marketing activations
- Supports local/national brand marketing activations and strategy
- Owns the development of the internal space to effectively communicate brand messages based on rider interactions with specialized technologies.
- Become a product expert and maintain current relevant stories in your display space
- People Management
- Attract and inspire great talent. Make this space the destination to start and build a career in the bike industry
- Manages the staff at location to deliver the best Specialized experience possible
- Help service to manage the work required to maintain the demo fleet
- Culture and Community
- Engage with local and regional advocacy groups to foster safe, legal, sustainable mountain biking in the area
- Be the face of the Specialized in public forums concerning trail stewardship and network expansion
- Ensure that all riders are left with a feeling of awesomeness and stoke about Specialized
- Grow and maintain local community mountain bike, gravel & road rides
- Build and manage positive, supportive relationships with our local retail partners
- Demo Management
- Ensure every demo sent out has a ‘like new’ feeling
- Ensure every rider is setup for a successful demo ride experience
- Daily operations
- Visual Merchandising
- POS management
- Demo system management
- Rider communication
- Focus on the Rider (consumer centric approach)
- Detail orientated
- Inspires people
- Leader with insightful and compelling vision
Qualifications & experience:
- 3 years of outdoor or bicycle retail (preferred)
- Locally, or nationally connected to the riding scene on a fundamental level
- Service, or travel host experience is a benefit
- Corporate B2B sales experience is a benefit
- Must hold a valid, clean driving license
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!