At Specialized, innovation is part of our DNA. Come help us build the company’s new and exciting future of Connected Products, where we integrate hardware and digital components to create the best rider experience possible. We’ve built a helmet with a crash sensor that has brought peace of mind to riders around the world, we’ve integrated power meters into cranks to give you the most precise insights on your ride, and we have many more exciting projects in the pipeline.
In this position, you will own end-to-end development of projects in our connected product portfolio. You will work closely with the internal R&D teams to develop product requirements and quality metrics, as well as collaborate with external manufacturing partners to execute development builds and move into production. Think of this role as a hybrid between a hands-on engineer and a product manager – you get the best of both worlds!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Creating product requirements (strategy) and technical specifications
- Reviewing schematics and layout for DFM
- Building a schedule for project execution across functional teams (engineering, product, quality, marketing, etc)
- Interfacing with our JDM partner to support prototype and production builds and ensure that each one is successful – including an ability to provide technical direction for testing, basic FA and manufacturing oversight
- Overseeing JDM-owned design validation
- Communicating program progress and proposing solutions to any roadblocks to leadership team
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- BS in mechanical or electrical engineering, MS preferred
- 5+ yrs experience in hardware product development (design engineer, program, or product manager), with involvement at all stages of the process (spec development to manufacturing and production)
- Experience working with and driving product development with CMs
- Strong communication & organization skills
- Ability to read schematics, PCB layout, and mechanical drawings
- Working knowledge of SMT processes and failure analysis, as well as product integrity testing
- Working knowledge of manufacturing quality control
- Both high (>1M/year) and low (<10k/year) volume products
- Working with JDM / ODM development model
- Knowledge of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and/or CAN bus standards
- Regulatory testing and product certification – EMC, safety, etc.
- Startup experience, or working in an environment in which one wears many hats, is a plus
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!