Are you excited to learn from the most talented engineers in the industry and develop your expertise? Do you enjoy the challenge of translating your ideas to 3D models? Are you stoked to support the development of the best cycling products on the market? Do you enjoy collaborating with brilliant minds to produce top-notch products? Would people call you analytical and solution-oriented? If you are able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
Our team is looking for a stellar student and lover of bikes to join our engineering team!
Engineering Co-Op (August 3rd-December 18th 2020)
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop and implement creative solutions for specific projects for prototyping and evaluation
- Design and fabricate composite parts
- Complete experimental testing in the test lab and/or in the field
- Design and execute experiments to test hypotheses
- Instrument bikes and components with DAQ systems and various sensors
- Aggregate, process, and analyze experimental data
- Generate reports to summarize findings
- Partner with senior engineers to participate in the various stages of product engineering
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings of new designs
- Fabricate various prototypes in the machine shop
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Experience with design and build (physical and/or digital)
- A desire to tackle new engineering challenges with minimal guidance & supervision
- Stellar academics – you’re currently enrolled in junior or senior year in an accredited engineering program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic machine shop experience
- A passion for cycling and/or other outdoor sports and activities
- Bonus points for experience in the following:
- 3D modeling in Creo
- Microcontrollers and electronics (Arduino, Teensy, etc.)
- Programming & system modeling (Matlab/Simulink, Python)
- The Co-Op rotations run for 6 months, twice each year:
- January to June
- July to December
- There are 3 positions available during each rotation.
- Co-Op’s are full-time, paid, and accommodations at our Co-Op house can be provided to assist in your relocation.
- We have a casual work environment, many dog bellies to rub, an endless supply of espresso, and we get to ride the raddest bikes on earth!
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online and make sure to include a great cover letter telling us why you are Specialized
- Please include an updated resume highlighting your relevant experience
- Send us a portfolio or pictures of projects you worked on
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.