DIVISION OF RESPONSIBILITIES: PART TIME SERVICE TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: SERVICE MANAGER
CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY (≤ 25 HOURS/W)
LOCATION: SANTA MONICA, CA
COMP RANGE: UNDISCLOSED
The service technician’s primary responsibilities include assembling, tuning, and maintaining bikes for both our sales floor and our riders. Service technicians work with riders, both present and remote, to identify and locate the goods and services needed to solve the riders’ issues and keep them riding longer and better. All service technicians are expected to maintain a professional attitude, empathy, sincerity, and enthusiasm at the forefront of their personalities, thus reflecting store’s commitment to our rider. Additionally, all cycling specialists should be constantly developing product knowledge by completing all SBCU training, reading current Specialized technical bulletins, and pertinent B2B information in order to communicate it to the rider. The service technician’s job is very important, as we depend on well prepared bicycles to make the customers’ experience in our store.
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; provides “wow” customer service.
- Responsible for properly taking in all service work including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate amount of repairs and completing those repairs within our 24 hour turnaround time frame.
- Advises and assists customers with their product/service selection without bias.
- Communicates with bike service manager repair and warranty part needs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Assists with bike sales and any other bike floor duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the bike shop manager.
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking questions and listening to riders' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the rider to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the specialist, Specialized, and the purchase
- Deliver best in class rider-service that ensures ongoing service and high levels of rider satisfaction
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
- Use company literature/resources and available training to stay current on technical features
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching.
- The employee should be able to lift at least 50lbs or more and use proper lifting skills.
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes change lives. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. We are always looking for passionate people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing far above the scope of the position. You’ll be challenged in many different ways and have a tremendous amount of opportunity. All with an eye towards growing people and expanding careers.
You’ll be working alongside a passionate, driven team and there are some great benefits including daily lunch rides, onsite yoga classes, and all of the bagels your heart desires on Friday mornings. Come ride with us!