POSITION Leadership Development – Engineering
Leadership Development Program – Associate engineer
Immerse yourself in the world of innovative, design-forward engineering. Our engineering teams collaborate with product managers, test labs, and factories around the globe to develop meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists and the industry as a whole. As an engineering participant in the LDP, you will brainstorm new concepts; familiarize yourself with the lifecycle of existing products; and even get hands-on manufacturing experience.
In this position you will work in our Engineering team collaborating with engineers, product managers, test labs, and factories. You will take responsibility for projects and assist senior level engineers to gain experience in many aspects of our engineering development process. In your first few years at Specialized, you will rotate thru several engineering teams gaining a wider view of our product lines and development processes. In your second year, you may have the opportunity to live and work in Asia for an extended period of time to get a hands-on manufacturing education.
The Engineering LDP is a rotational program that we keep posted on the careers page year round in order to collect candidates for the next available seats. Seats become open periodically throughout the year as associates exit the program at different times.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
1.Engineer meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists & lead the industry.
2.Team collaboration with engineers, designers, product managers, developers, graphic designers, and marketing.
3.Brainstorming new concepts and ideas for our products & work to gain insight for the needs of all riders.
4.International travel to our factories in Asia.
- Product Engineering:
- Take responsibility for new projects from concept thru production and all phases in between.
- Create engineering briefs (requirements) for your new projects with your team members.
- Create timelines for your projects and manage development of projects in order to meet these timelines.
- Create 3D models using Pro Engineer (Creo) of our new products. Work with Specialized teams and manufacturers to iterate thru design reviews.
- Analysis as needed of new designs.
- Responsible for 2D drawings of all parts and assemblies.
- Use and apply GD&T to 2D drawings.
- Work closely with our factories to get all required tooling made and functioning properly.
- Product Testing & Approval:
- Get prototypes made and into testing phases (lab testing and field testing).
- Create test plans for all products and be responsible for making sure all products are thoroughly and completely tested in our labs.
- Iterate products thru design changes until all testing is passed in our labs.
- Make sure all documentation is complete for your projects.
- Setup and conduct lab tests. Document results.
- Research and design new tests as needed.
- Production Readiness:
- Create project timelines. Manage projects from beginning to end using project timelines for management of the project.
- Work with factories, manufacturing & quality engineers to get your products ready for production.
- Ensure tooling is correct and that tooling produces parts that meet our standards and tolerances.
- Conduct pilot runs as needed with factories to prove out production readiness.
- Responsible for successful 1 st production start-up of your new products.
- Engineering Team Continuous Improvement:
- Work with engineering team to improve & document new processes and make our engineering team stronger.
- Work on finding root causes of field return problems &/or manufacturing issues and suggest product improvements.
- Check & troubleshoot fit and function of prototype products.
- Perform other duties as required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
1.Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
2.Hands on machine shop skills using lathe, mill, welder, and other machine shop equipment.
3.Experience with solid modeling CAD software
4.Avid cyclist and bike mechanic
5.Good verbal and written communication skills are very important working in our fast paced environment.
- Pro Engineer (Creo) skill and experience: Pro Engineer (Creo) is our standard at Specialized. Ability to use surfacing features in this softwarde is highly desirable.
- Mechanica/FEA, Labview, Matlab are desirable.