As being a network support engineer at Specialized, your primary task is to help enable our team to succeed by keeping laptops, desktops, and servers in optimum working order and you will provide excellent customer service and support to our users here in the European offices and abroad as a front-line support specialist, located in 's-Heerenberg in The Netherlands.
Secondary you will also be able to assist with the administration of a variety of server systems, virtual server environments, and networking systems.
We are a small, intense, and dedicated group that supports a growing enterprise of 1600+ users around the globe.
If you are well rounded in an array of IT skills, primarily in helping users in their daily work using their set of IT equipment but secondary in a wide range of IT tools and equipment as Cisco Meraki Security Appliances, Switches and Wireless equipment, Network Topology, and Network Security, Windows Servers and Hyper-V, Office 365 and a wide variety of applications, then we would like to talk to you. The focus of this position is to help us maintain and expand our growing network. If you are a motivated, self-starter tired of being told you can’t touch that wire, router, or server because that doesn’t belong to your group, but you are master in keeping the mentality of’ look before you leap’, join us.
Key responsibilities and output
Primary task (>50%)
- Daily interaction with company employees regarding care and maintenance of desktop and laptop computers, peripherals, and software.
- Utilize Helpdesk application to manage IT requests for hardware/software repair, maintenance, replacement, or adjunction.
- Administration and maintenance of all Windows AD, Azure AD and related content for many European offices and abroad
- Administration and maintenance of the global office 365 cloud environment regarding user and resource access
- Administration and security of mobile device access.
- Monitor network and data center health. Proactively maintain server systems and respond to network monitoring alarms and notifications as required to maximize systems uptime and availability to minimize user impact.
- Work in project teams made up of other members of the (IT) staff, and internal/external vendors as needed to implement the above.
- Build a better network. Help design and implement global user and access policies. Help design and maintain our WAN environment and policies.
Knowledge and skills
- Education in the field of IT support
- Experience in PC and Mac Desktop Support or previous Helpdesk experience
- Proficiency with Windows Server, Hyper-V, MS Office 365 portal and Azure.
- Experience with Linux, Cisco AMP, Oracle 12, is a plus.
- Regularly/Monthly travel is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Team player and a non 9-5 mentality is much appreciated
- English & Dutch language skills. Another European language would be an advantage
- A Sport mentality is a big plus but affinity with the world of cycling even more
Are you Specialized?
Apply for this position via the link and send us your resume and cover letter in English.
To obtain a more complete picture, we look forward to receive your video application.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader
No acquisition please