Thank you for your interest in the Varsity Tutors platform! Please complete this initial application to be considered for this opportunity. We are looking for individuals with certifications and experience with special education. If you are selected, we will contact you for an interview and next steps. Please note: Tutors, instructors and educators are independent contractors with their own teaching styles, methods and materials.
About the Opportunity
Varsity Tutors is looking for experts like you to teach classes and tutor online. By partnering with Varsity Tutors, teaching online classes is not only comparable to in person instruction, but we believe it's better. Some benefits of the platform include:
- Conduct sessions face to face through the live online platform anywhere & anytime on a PC, Mac or mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android)
- Easily access interactive learning tools
- Session recordings, whiteboard/sketchpad, the ability to draw with a mouse or touch screen, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to tutor one on one and/or teach online and design your own courses & curriculum
- As an independent contractor, you have the freedom to use your own teaching styles and methods, and set your own schedule in conjunction with your students’ needs
- Competitive rates that start at $15-$50/hour (depending on experience and speciality)
- Dedicated technical support team for tutors and clients
- The opportunity to share your knowledge and help students achieve their goals
What are we looking for?
- Certified educators
- Experience teaching/tutoring in special educator
- Flexible schedule and availability through the school year
- The desire to help students learn
- Experience or Certification in 1 (or more) of the following programs:
- Special Education
- Orton Gillingham
- Wilson Method
- Susan Barton
- Wired For Reading
- Other similar programs
- *Candidates working towards their certification in those listed above or similar programs are also encouraged to apply.