We Are Spartan: Come unlock the full value of radar for safe and reliable movement of people and things!
Spartan is transforming automotive and transportation radar market into smart sensors with unparalleled capabilities and performance. Spartan combines deep expertise in radar from decades of experience in defense with Silicon Valley innovation to create a reliable sensor that will improve the safety and performance of today’s automated driving and driver-assist systems.
As the Radar Systems Engineer, your overall focus will be: designing algorithms, maturing their capabilities and moving them from models to implementation in hardware; developing requirements and engaging with customers; overseeing the testing of capabilities; and studying radar phenomenology from tests.
Salary parameters for this role are based on experience, with a base in the $105,000 to $155,000 range. In addition, we also offer equity participation, full benefits, 401K (with match), and a 4:1 days onsite:WFH option for most roles. This position is based at our company headquarters in Los Alamitos, CA; relocation assistance can be available as needed.
- Design and implementation of radar signal processing algorithms
- Perform algorithm testing and trials
- Analyze algorithm performance
- Create radar software requirements from customer needs
- Coordinate hardware testing in anechoic chamber
- Create high fidelity models and simulations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in radar systems engineering
- Experience designing algorithms for radar applications
- Knowledge of radar principles and the functions of hardware, software, and firmware
- Familiarity with radar signal and data processing, numerical modeling and simulation, probability and statistics, systems engineering and software design principles
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Proficiency with MATLAB, Python, and/or other compiled software languages required
- Experience working with all engineering verticals (software, systems, hardware, and test) strongly preferred
- Comfort/experience working within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- BS/BA in an Engineering discipline or related is required; advanced degree(s) highly desirable
Spartan Radar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. https://spartanradar.com/privacy-policy/