As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and opportunities for Migros and society at large within the fields of Food & Beverage, Fintech, Last-Mile, Digital Health, Sustainability & Circular Economy as well as Commerce & Shopping.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect as a Controlling & Reporting Manager
You will be part of the Finance & Investment Team at Sparrow Ventures. As Controlling & Reporting Manager you are our number cruncher that knows everything about the past performance. You will also be able to gaze at a crystal ball and tell us what the future numbers will look like. In order to do so, you will be in charge of constantly improving and maintaining our BI tool together with its dashboards.
Your areas of responsibility include
- You will be working closely with our Finance Manager and CFO and make sure that we have the right accounting and reporting set-up for our company and our ventures
- You will further develop our reporting dashboards in Power BI and make sure that we have a reliable single source of truth
- You will be fully responsible for the financial planning and forecasting process
- Your cost controlling activities will help us not to run out of cash
- You will support our Investment Managers in analyzing the performance of our portfolio companies
- You will support our Investment Team with building business models for our ventures or analyzing business cases of start-up companies
- Sometimes you will support our Finance Manager in the monthly closing process
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (University or FH) or a higher degree with specialization in finance and controlling or comparable
- 3+ years of professional experience in Controlling and with BI/ERP systems
- Excellent German and English writing and communication skills
- Good IT user knowledge especially Excel
- Some application experience of Power BI and Abacus is advantageous
- Self-starter personality, highly motivated with an analytical and solution-oriented thinking
You are a superstar if
- You are a Controller Techie who loves to build and improve reporting tools
- You are an analytical and fast thinking mind that loves to come up with solutions
- You have an excellent business sense.
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have flexible hours and a hybrid working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and learn fast” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.