As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and opportunities for Migros and society at large within the fields of Food & Beverage, Fintech, Last-Mile, Digital Health, Sustainability & Circular Economy as well as Commerce & Shopping.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect as a Senior Software Engineer?
You act as the CTO for a specific venture. Therefore you have the hands-on-skills of a senior developer and provide technical and architectural leadership to other engineers. You own the architecture and are responsible for shipping new features while ensuring the code stays of high quality, remains scalable and testable.
An entrepreneurial mindset and technical ingenuity are essential in this role. You are well-versed and experienced in bringing projects to life. You have a builder mindset and are a passionate, hands-on software architect and lead developer striving for continuity.
Your venture: Yuno
Yuno enables customers to rent digital gadgets and devices instead of buying them. After a successful MVP phase, we are now looking to scale the venture. You have the opportunity to actively shape this growth-phase with your own vision: Optimize and rebuild the technology stack to cater for thousands of customers.
Your areas of responsibility include
- Be part of a small team and get your hands dirty wherever needed
- Drive the development of system architecture and the technical design of platforms, products and solutions
- Create the framework conditions for your team to be successful in software development
- Support the development process from the requirements analysis to the roll-out
- Ensure deadlines are met and hold review meetings with colleagues
- Startup/Scaleup experience preferred
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of proven professional web development experience
- Comfortable designing software architectures including database design and REST interfaces
- Demonstrated technical skills and leadership qualities
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT architecture and technologies
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps, experience with Cloud technology is an advantage
- Ability to build, motivate and grow a high performing team
- Highly analytical and a quality-conscious working style
- Our company language is English, German is a not required but a big plus for this role
- Full-time availability (explicitly: no part-time or freelance)
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have flexible hours and a hybrid working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and learn fast” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.