As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and opportunities for Migros and society at large within the fields of Food & Beverage, Fintech, Last-Mile, Digital Health, Sustainability & Circular Economy as well as Commerce & Shopping.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
Are you a digital native and a purpose-driven individual with a start-up mindset?
Then join our Product team, where our customers are at our heart.
As a member of the team, you will be part of a young and dynamic team of UX/UI Designers who are highly motivated to create an impact. The typical areas of responsibility of a UX/UI Designer include co-leading discovery projects and executing all parts of the venture building process:
- Oversee the design lifecycle for new product development from research to execution
- Moderate user research interviews to gain deeper insights into our customers
- Build easy-to-use, beautiful and responsive web and mobile products that users will love
- Create storyboards, user journeys, wireframes, sitemaps and visual design mock-ups to support product development
- Take ownership of your work and the details required to ship a successful product, under the guidance of more experienced designers
- Contribute regularly towards improving our company and products
- Handle multiple projects at once as part of a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative team
- Create beautiful interface design using typography, color palettes, icons … for online and offline materials.
What you bring to the table
- Degree in a design field or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a UX / UI Designer
- A portfolio of interface designs with a “wow!” factor that shows how you think, not just what you’ve made
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, user research, prototypes, user testing, etc.
- Knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Adobe Softwares (Illustrator, Photoshop…)
- Fluent in responsive design, native mobile/tablet UI UX design for both iOS and Android
- Experience with print material and identity projects (branding, packaging, posters, stickers, etc.)
- Have a basic knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodology and user-centric design of digital products
- Have an empathetic, user-focused mindset
- Collaborative, self-motivated, curious, and humble attitudes
- Fluent in German and English
- Full-time availability (explicitly: no part-time)
You are a superstar if you
- Are interested in the startup ecosystem and building new meaningful ventures from scratch
- Have experience with animation tools (Principle, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro etc.)
- Understand No-code tools (Webflow, Squarespace etc.)
- Have experience running Design Sprints and other Design workshops
Please send us your portfolio / a link to your portfolio with your application.
Unfortunately, we don’t work with freelancers or agencies in order to be truly customer-centric, agile, and lightning-fast in building startups so please don’t contact us for this type of mission.
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have flexible hours and a hybrid working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and learn fast” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.