As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and opportunities for Migros and society at large within the fields of Food & Beverage, Fintech, Last-Mile, Digital Health, Sustainability & Circular Economy as well as Commerce & Shopping.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect as a Head of Venture Architects
The Sparrow Venture Operations consist of Venture Architecture, Product, Design, Growth and Tech — so Sparrow Ventures is a serious full stack corporate venture builder. We don’t work with freelancers or agencies in order to be truly customer-centric, agile, and lightning fast in building ventures.
As Head of Venture Architects you will lead a young and dynamic team of Venture Architects who are highly motivated to create an impact. The typical areas of responsibility of a Venture Architect include co-leading a specific venture and executing on all parts along the venture building process: Research (quantitatively and qualitatively), value proposition design, prototyping, hypothesis testing & validation, business model development as well as building and delivering the MVP.
You will find a sophisticated modus operandi at Sparrow Ventures as well as a high caliber team of peers. It is your job to ensure that the team is using the best methodologies, tools and processes to go through the build, measure, learn loop fast and standardize them as much as possible (“startup factory mode”) as well as the engagement with our stakeholders to identify opportunities for Sparrow Ventures and to help strike the balance between stakeholders’ needs, customer development and venture requirements.
You will report to the Chief Venture Officer of Sparrow Ventures.
- You have founded at least one startup or have held a C-level position in an early-stage startup with significant achievements in your role
- You are a “method freak” when in comes to Lean Startup — you will have to be up-to-date on the most current thinking, always looking for a better way to get the job done and to de-risk the process of venture building
- Experience with quantitative and economic modeling as well as strategy development, business planning and future visioning
- Experience on engaging directly with our corporate stakeholders to identify opportunities
- Experience in a top strategy consulting firm or a venture capital firm is a plus
- Fluent in German and English as we have an English-speaking company culture
- Master's degree with outstanding academic results is a plus (preferably in the field of business, science or engineering)
- Leadership experience and respective skills are a requirement
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have flexible hours and a remote working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.