At Sparrow Ventures, improving people’s quality of life through innovation and working together with colleagues who love what they do is what gets us up every morning.
As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and disruptions for the business community and society at large within the fields of eCommerce, LogisticsTech, Digital Health FinTech, and Happiness, Community & Lifestyle.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What happens when you apply to an upcoming opportunity?
Sometimes it happens that you are the perfect match for us, but we don't have a suitable role for you right now. No problem! Join our Sparrow Talent Nest (our talent pool) by applying to this or other roles in the "UPCOMING OPPORTUNITIES" section and we will get back to you as soon as this role opens.
What to expect as an Investment Manager
- You take an active role in the screening of relevant investment (or M&A) opportunities in our relevant fields
- You participate in the entire investment (or M&A cycle) and take ownership of sub-projects and/or streams (e.g. due diligence activities, modelling financial scenarios, etc.)
- You take ownership in the ongoing management of our portfolio companies (e.g. monthly business review meetings, yearly strategy and planning processes, etc.)
- You make a major contribution to the development and efficiency of the venture portfolio
- You become a trusted member of our CFO’s team and prospectively take ownership for one of our relevant fields (from dealflow to investment to portfolio management)
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance/Business Administration (University/FH)
- 2 to 4 years experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or as investment manager/corporate M&A in the digital or retail sector
- Experience in modelling complex business cases and valuation models
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hands-on, solution-oriented, strong communicator
- Fluency in German (mandatory!)
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have a flexible working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.