At Sparrow Ventures, improving people’s quality of life through innovation and working together with colleagues who love what they do is what gets us up every morning.
As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and disruptions for the business community and society at large within the fields of eCommerce, LogisticsTech, Digital Health FinTech, and Happiness, Community & Lifestyle.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What happens when you apply to an upcoming opportunity?
Sometimes it happens that you are the perfect match for us, but we don't have a suitable role for you right now. No problem! Join our Sparrow Talent Nest (our talent pool) by applying to this or other roles in the "UPCOMING OPPORTUNITIES" section and we will get back to you as soon as this role opens.
What to expect as a Product Owner
As a Product Owner, you will have a strong impact by, together with our Venture Architects and Growth Marketers, building several new startups per year from the ground up and having a positive effect on people's lives. Your areas of responsibility include:
- Working closely with our UI/UX designers and remote engineering team to deliver features with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Clarifying requirements, answering questions from developers, and writing detailed user stories
- Owning, controlling, and prioritising a well structured product backlog
- Crafting excellent product visions and roadmaps
- Leading SCRUM/KANBAN meetings, including daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos
- Working very customer-focused: conducting user and competitor research, taking part in design sprints, putting the customer first in your day-to-day work to improve the digital product based on deep user/customer and market understanding
- Continuously improving development processes and methodologies and ensuring synergies, templates, and best practices across projects by sharing knowledge and properly documenting
- Supporting and guiding our Junior Product Owners
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Business Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 1+ years proven work experience in product management
- Previous work experience in a startup
- You are a product manager at heart and have a strong passion for building products that customers love. You never take no for an answer, are always ready to execute, and want to be on a mission to build
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Fluency in English. Fluency in German preferred.
- Effective communicator and empathic moderator even in the most difficult situations, able to calmly listen and be receptive for feedback
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams and managing different stakeholders' expectations
- Strong problem solving skills, independent working attitude, and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Highly structured, thorough working style and getting-things-done attitude
- The ability to keep calm in turbulent, time-critical situations and manage multiple projects
- Passion for building products that customers love
- Strong intrinsic motivation to constantly learn and grow
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have a flexible working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.