At Sparrow Ventures, improving people’s quality of life through innovation and working together with colleagues who love what they do is what gets us up every morning.
As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and disruptions for the business community and society at large within the fields of eCommerce, LogisticsTech, Digital Health FinTech, and Happiness, Community & Lifestyle.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What happens when you apply to an upcoming opportunity?
Sometimes it happens that you are the perfect match for us, but we don't have a suitable role for you right now. No problem! Join our Sparrow Talent Nest (our talent pool) by applying to this or other roles in the "UPCOMING OPPORTUNITIES" section and we will get back to you as soon as this role opens.
What to expect as a Venture Architect
As Venture Architect you are the responsible person on the ground for a specific venture. Your responsibility is end-to-end from idea validation to delivering the MVP and passing it on to the founding team or operating unit that is taking it over.
At any time, you will be part of, and get support from a great team at Sparrow Ventures, which applies solid methods and provides clear guidance. Your areas of responsibility include:
- Working with a multidisciplinary and dynamic team of Sparrow specialists, highly motivated to create impact, i.e. Product Owners, UI/UX Designers, Growth Marketers and Tech Development
- Leading discovery projects and executing on all parts along the venture building process: Research (quantitatively and qualitatively), value proposition design, prototyping, hypothesis testing, business model development and delivering the MVP
- We offer a challenging and exciting career path: depending on your contribution and impact we give you the opportunity to grow and take on higher complexity in our ventures
- Sparrow Ventures invests in the future and can provide you with the opportunity of making an impact, also long term
- If you want to stay with the startup that you are building after the MVP and there is a fit, we try to make it happen
- Founder or C-level experience in high-pressure startup environment
- Solid understanding of Lean Startup methods and their application in startup life
- Fluency in German and English
- Full-time availability (explicitly: no part-time or freelance)
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have a flexible working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.