At Sparrow Ventures, improving people’s quality of life through innovation and working together with colleagues who love what they do is what gets us up every morning.
As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and disruptions for the business community and society at large within the fields of eCommerce, LogisticsTech, Digital Health FinTech, and Happiness, Community & Lifestyle.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect as Finance Manager
As Finance Manager, you take on the responsibility for all Sparrow Ventures’ internal finance and accounting processes. Your tasks include the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, monthly and annual financial statements (including the preparation of the annual audit process) as well as various topics in reporting/controlling.
Moreover, you are a high potential finance person who takes the challenge together with the CFO and other Finance Team members to develop Sparrow Ventures’ finance processes into a shared service that shall be offered to all portfolio companies. Together, we build the best finance systems, processes and services for startups and growth companies in Switzerland.
As part of the Finance Team you directly report to the CFO, your main areas of responsibility cover:
- Overall responsibility for Finance and Accounting at Sparrow Ventures
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements. Preparation and participation in the annual audit process
- Preparation of regular and ad hoc data sets for controlling purposes and/or special project requests
- Together with the CFO and other Finance Team members, design, build and run a shared service platform for Sparrow Ventures and its portfolio companies
- Together with the CFO and other Finance Team members, hire and build a small but powerful team around the shared service platform
- We offer a challenging and exciting career path: depending on your contribution and impact, we give you the opportunity to grow and take on more complex roles in our environment
- Sparrow Ventures invests in the future and can provide you with the opportunity of making a long-term impact
- Three to five years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Eidg. Fachausweis Finanz- und Rechnungswesen and/or Treuhänder (a must)
- Bachelor and Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting would be an advantage
- Fully proficient in Abacus would be an advantage
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to grow and develop in a startup environment
- Fluency in German and English
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have a flexible working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.