At Sparrow Ventures, improving people’s quality of life through innovation and working together with colleagues who love what they do is what gets us up every morning.
As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and disruptions for the business community and society at large within the fields of eCommerce, LogisticsTech, Digital Health FinTech, and Happiness, Community & Lifestyle.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect as a Web & NoCode Engineer
For you, the web and frontend development is not enough. You understand that in many cases one can rely on existing platforms like Zapier or bubble.io, which makes customized coding inefficient or even superfluous. You have already digged into the area of NoCode-Solutions and are aware that mastering these tools will catapult you to a new level of responsibility - the creation of applications from scratch.
As a Web & NoCode engineer you will be part of our newly created technology team and have a strong impact by helping build the technology around several new startups per year from the ground up.
Your areas of responsibility include:
- You work directly with our Venture teams, where we are creating technologies for new Ventures (Startups) from scratch
- You work with our UX designer and create landing pages, web shops etc - and if a NoCode solution is applicable - you are also responsible for the delivery of the whole application
- You are leading the efficient application of NoCode solutions and decide when to aim for a fully customized solution vs. a NoCode or a mixed solution. You support the product owner of other ventures to apply NoCode solutions and push boundaries where NoCode can be applied
- You work on early prototypes where we often fake things. You figure out what technical solutions might fit for an MVP and experiment with the adaption of new solutions
- When using NoCode tools you align interaction and usability design with the tool for best results for the Venture
- A big plus is fitness with wordpress and its plugins. or NoCode tools like bubble.io, glide, Zapier, Shopify, Adalo, Akkio or AppSheet.
- You can present your portfolio of web, mobile or NoCode applications/integrations
- For prototyping, knowledge of Figma or tools like invision is a plus
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have a flexible working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.