At Sparrow Ventures, improving people’s quality of life through innovation and working together with colleagues who love what they do is what gets us up every morning.
As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and disruptions for the business community and society at large within the fields of eCommerce, LogisticsTech, Digital Health FinTech, and Happiness, Community & Lifestyle.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect as a DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps engineer you will be part of our newly created technology team and have a strong impact by helping build the technology around several new startups per year from the ground up. Your areas of responsibility include:
Your areas of responsibility include
- You will have the opportunity to create multiple environments for our very diverse Ventures - each of them can be unique in their requirements. Think of it like you have to set up the technical infrastructure for new startups, which are aimed to scale - we aim high for each of them
- Able to work on operational issues directly or with the help of external offshored experts - but you will be in the driver's seat
- Improve current DevOps processes and push forward ideas, how to address common operational tasks between our Ventures
- Monitoring our services for our startups
- Experience in setup, administration and operation of lifecycle, build and automation tools such as Github, Gitlab or Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes in conjunction with AWS, GCP, Azure or Openshift
- Fluency in Scripting - Shell or Ruby, Golang or Python is a plus
- You know how to draft and implement environments for our Ventures from scratch, considering scalability, load-balancing, firewalling, managing certificates and DNS, reverse & forward proxies with e.g. nginx
- Knowledge about Security in a cloud environment and basic Authentication concepts like oAuth2 and you are able to assess and to act upon vulnerabilities
- Readiness to work directly with engineers when creating practical solutions for our Ventures but also working and managing a more structured and transparent environment with Jira
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have a flexible working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.