At Sparrow Ventures, improving people’s quality of life through innovation and working together with colleagues who love what they do is what gets us up every morning.
As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and disruptions for the business community and society at large within the fields of eCommerce, LogisticsTech, Digital Health FinTech, and Happiness, Community & Lifestyle.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect as a Growth Marketer
You will be part of a young and dynamic team that is highly motivated to create impact. As Growth Marketer you own the commercialization of our ventures from cradle to carve-out until they are ready to scale. You ideate the right go-to-market strategy for the individual venture, execute on it, measure the performance, and iterate until successful.
Your areas of responsibility include
- Designing and implementing go-to-market strategies for our startups using all known marketing channels, focusing on performance marketing
- Challenging and iterating the business model based on market feedback
- Definition, validation, and monitoring of KPIs
- Obtaining customer feedback through online and offline surveys
- Independent creation of landing pages, advertising assets, and much more
- Setup and monitoring of A/B tests through different channels
- Development of customer journeys and requirements for the product development
- Close collaboration with the product team in regards to the optimal user experience
- Optimization of the different marketing channels to improve conversion rates and acquisition costs in addition to the acquisition of higher quality traffics
- Data collection and analysis to identify patterns, trends, and user behavior
- 1+ year experience in the active acquisition of users for a digital startup and/or the scaling and commitment of users in a mature digital company
- Broad knowledge of the digital environment (UX, omni-channel marketing, Analytics, conversion optimization, storytelling, copywriting, performance marketing, email marketing, sales, lead generation, retention, A/B testing, image editing, Wordpress)
- Technical understanding and accustomed dealing with different tools for a wide use as Growth Marketer
- Focus on the entire customer journey from awareness to retention
- Fluent in German and English as we have an English speaking company culture
- Passion for building and scaling digital products and services
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a hands-on mentality and a strong sense of ownership
- High level of independence, finding creative solutions, and result orientation
- Ability to test hypotheses without having to develop elaborate features
- Data-driven way of working
- General business acumen
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have flexible hours and a remote working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.