Sparrow is the first high-tech, high-touch employee leave management solution. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.).
Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone. Company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, complex to remain compliant, and time-consuming process into a 30-minute end-to-end experience saving teams time (20 - 40 hours per leave) and money (up to $30K per leave).
Sparrow is headquartered in San Francisco with remote employees across the country. Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented, and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About the role
- Partner closely with the engineering and cross-functional teams (sales, operations) to define, scope and plan out the engineering roadmap.
- Build and ship new features and products to improve the user experience for employees and employers.
- Apply software to streamline our internal processes and enable us to scale more efficiently.
- Invest in our engineering health and processes and ensure we are building sustainably and securely.
- Provide mentorship and support to other engineers on the team.
- Strong foundations. Bachelors in CS or similar degree, or equivalent experience.
- A top performer. 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Collaborative. Ability to work effectively together with engineers and with other functions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem-solving.
- Superior organization skills and detail-oriented. Ability to understand and execute in complex domains by breaking things down into manageable pieces.
- Experience with modern software tools and processes. e.g. git, CI/CD, testing, deployment, cloud platform services, etc.
- Experience with our technical stack is a plus but not required. Django, React, Python, JS, Postgres, Heroku.
Ultimately, though, most important to us is someone who is passionate about applying technology to real difficult problems, who loves building beautiful useful products, and who finds our mission compelling. If that is you, please reach out to us!
Our work at Sparrow is impactful. We help People teams with one of the hardest parts of their job, and we support employees at a time when they need it most. We’re driven by our mission, much like a nonprofit, but with the resources and scale of a fast-growing venture-backed company.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. While we are united by our excitement for the mission and product, the diversity of our experiences is one of our strengths. The Sparrow team is made up of people with all types of backgrounds, and we have teammates in 30 states and counting. To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page.