At Sparrow, we pair advanced software with deep domain expertise to enable employers to provide all kinds of leaves (i.e. family, medical, etc.) to their employees with no overhead and a simple seamless experience.
The leave management process has traditionally been painful and inefficient for everyone involved. Company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and are often unable to take advantage of various benefit programs, leaving money on the table. Employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their lives and careers.
Sparrow aims to transform this tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming process into a quick and simple one, saving teams time (20-40 hours per leave) and money (up to $25K per leave), and providing employees a seamless leave experience.
Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About the role
- Partner closely with the engineering and cross-functional teams (sales, operations) to define, scope and plan out the engineering roadmap.
- Build and ship new features and products to improve the user experience for employees and employers.
- Apply software to streamline our internal processes and enable us to scale more efficiently.
- Invest in our engineering health and processes and ensure we are building sustainably and securely.
- Provide mentorship and support to other engineers on the team.
- Strong foundations. Bachelors in CS or similar degree, or equivalent experience.
- A top performer. 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Collaborative. Ability to work effectively together with engineers and with other functions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem-solving.
- Superior organization skills and detail-oriented. Ability to understand and execute in complex domains by breaking things down into manageable pieces.
- Experience with modern software tools and processes. e.g. git, CI/CD, testing, deployment, cloud platform services, etc.
- Experience with our technical stack is a plus but not required. Django, React, Python, JS, Postgres, Heroku.
Ultimately, though, most important to us is someone who is passionate about applying technology to real difficult problems, who loves building beautiful useful products, and who finds our mission compelling. If that is you, please reach out to us!
Sparrow is making it possible for more companies to support their employees at the time when they need it most. We significantly improve the lives of those we support. We strive to be the best in the industry by addressing long-standing problems in the process and providing exceptional service. The insights you will gain in customer needs will make you an invaluable team member for our product and engineering team. We are a tight-knit team that works hard to achieve goals and still makes time to have fun.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page. Our compensation packages are competitive and we believe in paying for performance.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes us all stronger.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
- Why Sparrow?
- Why are you a good fit for this role?
- What are your feelings about puppies?