Sparrow is a modern, leave management HR software - the first end-to-end solution for all kinds of leaves. With incredible traction, thousands of leaves managed - we are positioned to be an industry leader. Our leave specialists are experts that care about helping employers and employees when they need it most. With negligible customer churn and an NPS score of 76, we know that our customers love us.
Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone - company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, complex to remain compliant, and time-consuming process into a 30-minute end-to-end experience saving teams time (20 - 40 hours per leave) and money (up to $30K per leave).
Sparrow is headquartered in San Francisco with remote employees across the country. Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented, and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About the role
- Excel at supporting our customers:
- Drive success through initial customer kickoff and provide a supportive, personalized end-to-end leave of absence experience for customers.
- Act responsively, accurately, and with attention to detail in a considerate and timely manner with your assigned customers.
- Interface and collaborate comfortably with a variety of key parties: individuals on leave, HR/payroll teams, state representatives, doctor’s offices, etc. through various methods of communication (phone call, email, video chat).
- In collaboration with the Sparrow team, build a better product:
- Collect and share product feedback that you receive during customer interactions.
- Evaluate our impact at each leave life cycle.
- Implement process improvements to resolve inefficiencies and address customer pain points.
- Superior organization skills and detail-oriented. You're able to track various tasks from different leaves and ensure nothing gets lost.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem solving. You are comfortable communicating through email, chat, and phone calls.
- People person. Remarkable degree of empathy and interpersonal intuition, and strong, active listening skills.
- Learner's mindset. Highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environment.
- Proactive. You're always anticipating what might come next and how better to support the Leave Specialist team.
- Systems-oriented. Always thinking of how you can improve processes to make the team even more efficient.
- Trustworthy. You act with discretion and can be trusted to handle confidential information appropriately.
Sparrow is making it possible for more companies to support their employees at the time when they need it most. We significantly improve the lives of those we support. We strive to be the best in the industry by addressing long-standing problems in the process and providing exceptional service. We are a tight-knit team that works hard to achieve goals and still makes time to have fun.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page. Our compensation packages are competitive and we believe in paying for performance.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes us all stronger.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
- Why Sparrow?
- Why are you a good fit for this role?
- What are your feelings about puppies? (Note: This is meant to be a fun, light-hearted question. We aren't evaluating based on the content of what you choose to share!)