TITLE: Associate Director, Project Management and Operations
REPORTS TO: COO
LOCATION: New York, NY
About sparks & honey
sparks & honey is a cultural consultancy that uses cultural intelligence to help organizations understand and take advantage of accelerating change. We count some of the most important brands in diverse industries among clients. Our leadership headlines industry events and contributes to academic think tanks and our quarterly trend reports have been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times.
QTM is our cultural intelligence platform which structures data from thousands of sources to visualize cultural change in real time. The system draws on cultural experts and observers from around the world, while applying proprietary methodologies, tools, algorithms and human insights to provide cultural intelligence to a diverse range of organizations.
Who We Are
We’re a blend of types A and B, but all of us are type C—for Culture. We make change visible and visceral—melding the best of man and machine. We seek to open minds and create possibilities. We love to work with curios, edge-dwelling, and supportive professionals who challenge conventions and produce new norms.
Who You Are
- You are curious about a wide range of subject matter, voracious consumer of culture and information, open to all kinds of people, ideas and possibilities.
- You have a bias for action, an ability to make decisions quickly and thoughtfully--and then act upon them. You turn great ideas into great results.
- You are resilient under pressure, and even thrive in it. You’re able to stay objective in order to accomplish the mission.
- You’re able to multi-task, pivot quickly, stay organized and solve issues under tight deadlines
- You’re a big believer in collaboration and the power of teams
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-intensity, open environment
- You see the forest and the trees, and are comfortable and adept at toggling between the two
- You’re comfortable and convincing with both quant and qual
- You’re a good listener, down to earth and self-aware
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be responsible for hands-on and strategic resource management, project management, and reporting/forecasting to improve operational efficiency across the business. You’ll match and maximize talent on projects, based on skill sets, timelines and availability. You will work closely across teams in order to assess, manage and predict talent needs.
- Manage and assign talent resourcing across the company
- Analyze resource leveling and coordinate with account leads and department heads to resolve resource overloads and conflicts
- Manage timelines, schedules and ensure timely synergy between departments
- Get ahead of and solve potential conflicts/issues (resource burn or project burn or inefficiency)
- Work closely with project management to monitor and enforce project constraints that could affect creative workloads (schedule/scope/resources)
- Lead regular and ad-hoc meetings related to resourcing and project management
- Attend internal status meetings when necessary, to stay up to date on all accounts and projects
- Actively manage workload and projects on a continuous basis
- Facilitate internal communication and collaboration and to ensure expedited timely and quality delivery of all project deliverables
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget; and managing changes in project scope, schedule, and costs where needed
- Oversee team of project managers, as well as direct project management as assigned
- Maintain clear and professional communication with clients about timelines, deliverables and project status
- Develop well-written, accurate project timelines, budgets and documents for internal and external use
- Coordinate internal resources and/or third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Implement and oversee project management tools
Reporting & Forecasting:
- Synthesize, analyze and present operational (targets, actual, forecast) data and information related to resources and projects in order to track performance from through all steps of our business process (project burn, resource utilization, labor data, financial and sales data).
- Develop and present clear tactical and strategic recommendations based on data analysis.
- Establish new and reporting on performance benchmarks for different workflows and processes, from new business sales through project delivery.
- Review, triangulate and synthesize historical data on labor, financial performance and other key business metrics in order to develop recommendations on where to improve performance against those key metrics.
Experience You Bring
- 5 - 7 years of direct experience required
- Expertise at time management, analytical, strategic thinking/processing and budget management
- Experienced with technology platforms including resource management (10,000 Feet), project management, sales CRM (Salesforce), and productivity (Office 365, Google Docs, iOS).
- Success at negotiating and influencing across a range of issues
- Passionate and proven team leader and manager, with an ability to inspire and develop staff
- Established track record of successfully managing projects, multi-tasking, problem solving under tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to present information succinctly and summarily
- Strategic handling of confidential and/or sensitive information at all levels of agency
- Experience working autonomously
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.