Business Development Director, sparks & honey
About sparks & honey
sparks & honey is a technology-led cultural consultancy that helps global organizations understand and take advantage of accelerating change. Leveraging a unique suite of proprietary tools, algorithms and a global network of human scouts, including its “brain trust” of distinguished Board members, sparks & honey identifies emerging cultural trends and industry shifts, helping organizations stay ahead of the curve in a disruption-prone world. Recognized by Deloitte Insights for its industry defining business practices – the company was the focus of a case study in March 2018 - sparks & honey is a part of the DAS Group of Companies.
Business Development Director Role
The Business Development Director will be responsible for supporting sparks & honey’s business development efforts. This position will manage the consultancy’s new business opportunities from lead generation, proposal development, project scoping, and eventually, transitioning the work to Client Strategy team. The Business Development Director is full time, based in NYC and will report to the Head of Business Development.
- Lead and manage new business opportunities from lead generation, prioritization, introductory meetings/capability conversations, proposal development, project scoping/staffing plans/budgets, and eventually, transitioning the work to the Account Management team.
- Exceptional networker and ability to identify key prospects in market and match with specific s&h products and services.
- Exceptional presentation skills (both written and verbal) with confidence to present to large groups and senior executive/C-Suite client stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external agencies to develop new client solutions and business models.
- Responsible for developing and updating clear and concise status reports documents and ensure Management is up-to-date on all project status and next steps.
- Develop well-written, accurate project plans, kick-off documents and be able to properly communicate internally as well as with clients to ensure smooth transition to the project delivery teams.
- 4-6+ years of relevant experience in business development role at consulting, innovation, strategy or advertising company required.
- Experience with developing proposals, scopes and participating in pitches is a must.
- Experience selling consulting services/solutions and technology products.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4 year college or university preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge and ability to use Keynote, PPT, Excel, Google Docs, and Salesforce.
- Ability to match business financial goals and prospects with operational requirements.
- Proven successful business development track record with professional references.
- Resilient with an ability to pivot and adapt to changing business environment; always willing to test new ways of working and problem solving.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and influence skills.
- Must excel at working with stakeholders across the s&h organization: Finance, Account Management, Strategy, Legal, Resource Management, Marketing/PR.
- A lover of culture and passion to understand trends and apply those business development.