*No Recruiters Please*
Mission for E-Commerce Lead
Spark is a direct-to-consumer startup; the E-Commerce Lead role is at the core of how our business operates. As E-Commerce Lead, you’ll be a leader of our Shopify site experience. You will define the roadmap and resources needed to drive best-in-class website conversion, drive recurring charcoal Briq purchase and build long-term customer loyalty. The right candidate is a natural leader who is comfortable working across multiple teams and wearing multiple hats, from digital marketing to customer experience to data and analytics.
- Drive Spark’s e-commerce strategy across our Shopify Plus website and our mobile app, with the north star of driving conversion (grill purchases) and repeat purchase (charcoal Briq re-orders).
- Put a roadmap in place and directly manage the ongoing optimization of a best-in-class e-comm website.
- Pinpoint focus areas and prioritize projects that will have the highest impact on the business. These could range from UI/UX enhancements, merchandising, SEO, landing page optimization, checkout and payments, pricing strategies and more.
- Drive the re-order / subscription strategy for our proprietary charcoal Briq product, through both our website and mobile app.
- Continuously conduct A/B tests, surveys, interviews and other research to understand who our customers are and the mindsets, triggers and barriers that drive their shopping behavior.
- Work closely with our operations team to manage the intersection between our Shopify site and our fulfilment system.
- Recruit, assess and manage external resources – including marketing tools (website, email marketing, analytics, customer service, etc.), vendors, contractors or project-based agencies.
- Be an internal expert on our marketing tech stack and how all of our tools integrate with each other and other parts of our organization in order to help us make informed decisions for long term success.
- Minimum 3–5 years of experience in e-commerce management, marketing management or related role.
- E-commerce experience is a must. Shopify experience is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically about our customers and our business.
- Ability to think analytically and own marketing budgets and KPIs.
- Ability to think creatively and maintain consistency in branding.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Unlimited grilling opportunities with a fun team.
- Generous equity package in a venture-backed startup.
- Market based compensation.
- Comprehensive benefit options with a Spark contribution to health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Flexible scheduling and PTO policies.
- Volunteer Time Off policy.
- Friends at work with many hobby related groups.
- Plenty of room for professional growth as part of a small but growing team.
We’re applying engineering, design, technology, and, above all, fresh thinking to reimagine the modern grilling experience. Wait what? Grilling is an American pastime. It’s part of our social fabric. Why change something that’s not broken?
We believe parts of the experience and category are broken or stale. Even what’s working can be improved – but we can’t ruin what people already love. That’s a tough balance to strike. But we believe there’s a huge opportunity.
Spark combines the artisanship of the pre-gas era with the technology of today to give cooks the authenticity, taste and character of charcoal without all the hassle.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to careers @sparkgrills.com. Include a couple of thoughts telling us what you love about grilling or cooking, plus what you think could be improved or what could use some fresh thinking about the grilling experience or the grilling category in general.