Why Join Sparkcentral?
We all know that excellent customer service keeps customers coming back for more. At Sparkcentral, we really get that, and therefore we are proud to work with some of the most amazing brands out there, (Axa, Engie, Netflix, Emirates Airlines, citizenM, ... ) to help deliver effortless and efficient customer engagement.
Sparkcentral has quickly become an industry thought-leader that is changing the way enterprises help and engage customers. Our goal is to inspire and enable memorable customer experiences, and we’re doing this by completely re-imagining what digital customer service software should look like.
You will be joining a group of extraordinarily talented people who are dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about customer care. We work at an incredible pace, but also have fun while doing it. We want to add you to our team so you can grow with us and bring new ideas to the table. In other words, we hire people who have tremendous drive, organization, and, above all, passion. Sound like you? Let’s talk.
About this Role
As the finance & accounting specialist at Sparkcentral, you will be the first person to contact for all financial and administrative affairs and you will report directly to the management team. This include the execution of the accounting activities in Belgium and overseeing the accounting process in the US. In addition, you will provide the financial expertise to allow the Board of Directors to make correct financial decisions and you will manage and optimize all financial processes.
- Accounting from A-Z of Sparkcentral Europe NV, including year-end closing and external audits.
- Budgeting and management reporting and other forms of ad hoc financial reporting.
- Drawing up of financial projections and forecasting.
- Assist in invoicing of clients and credit management.
- Manage the finance, accounting, tax and administrative processes of Sparkcentral Inc. in close collaboration with the local US accountant.
- Prepare and file local VAT returns and other tax formalities.
- Assist in the design and the implementation of new intercompany transfer pricing arrangements.
- Manage relationships with local accountants and tax advisors.
- Follow-up on the payroll admin together with the payroll administrator and assist in the HR administration.
- Administrative follow-up of insurance policies.
- Overall follow-up of the administration, including corporate housekeeping.
- Suggest and implement optimizations of the financial processes.
- You have a Master degree in an economic subject or you have a Bachelor degree in Tax and Accountancy.
- Minimal 3 year of relevant working experience.
- You know how to manage the accounting process from A to Z
- You know your way around excel and have experience with accounting software.
- You have a broad interest in financial and administrative processes and you are ready to take responsibility in managing those processes.
- Good knowledge of English is a must, you will work a lot with US stakeholders.
- You are a team player by nature, but you can work independently.
- You have a sense of initiative and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- You set high standards for the quality of your own work and you continuously strive to improve yourself as well as the company.
- You have an eye for detail, but you don’t lose track of the bigger picture.
- An ability to grow & develop your skills in an international environment
- A competitive salary & benefits package
- Our office is at the Corda Campus in Hasselt but we provide all the tools to work remotely when necessary like today in times of Covid-19
- Our fancy espresso machine (aka Optimus Grind) to keep you going throughout the day
- Powerful Apple products
- Google apps, Drive, Slack, Zoom, ...