Why Join Sparkcentral?
We all know that excellent customer service keeps customers coming back for more. At Sparkcentral, we really get that, and therefore our small company works with some of the most amazing brands out there, ( Netflix, Emirates, citizenM, Careem, etc.) to help deliver quick and efficient customer engagement.
Sparkcentral has quickly become an industry thought-leader that is changing the way enterprises help and engage customers. Our goal is to inspire and enable amazing customer experiences, and we’re doing this by completely re-imagining what enterprise customer service software should look like.
You will be joining a group of extraordinarily talented people who are dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about customer care. We work at an incredible pace, but also have fun while doing it. We want to add you to our team so you can grow with us and bring new ideas to the table. We need you to bring your skills and insight to the table and work with us to help make our product better. In other words, we hire people who have tremendous drive, organization, and, above all, passion. Sound like you? Let’s talk.
Combine software and systems engineering to build and run scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Build tools, processes, and systems that improve Engineering performance.
What you'll be doing:
- Administer AWS accounts and environments.
- Ensure internally critical and externally-visible systems have reliability and appropriate uptime.
- Make improvements with an emphasis on automation.
- Monitor capacity, performance, costs across all environments.
- Work with Agile development teams and be a resource to help define best strategies for operationalizing application development.
- Administer and enhance build and deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- Support all network functions and definitions (i.e. DNS, VPN, etc).
- Define and Document Processes
- Manage operations and optimizations of MySQL, Elastic Search, Kafka, and Cassandra.
- Participate in on call rotation.
What you should have:
- Technical Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics) and technical experience in the field of Computer Science.
- Experience in one or more programming languages like: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies).
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- Experience with Cloud Computing (preferably AWS).
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment (preferably includes Kubernetes)
- Operational experience with various datastore technologies
- Experience with distributed systems.
What we're looking for in you:
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Option to work remotely when necessary
- Our fancy espresso machine (aka Optimus Grind) to keep you going throughout the day
- Powerful Apple products
- Google apps, Drive, Slack, Mac everything