Love helping people? We're looking for diverse and equity minded passionate, hardworking, and self-directed people to join our team of therapists. Spark Inc is an innovative and award-winning inclusive and equity focused organization that matches diverse clients to the best one to one care in the community.
Our clients are looking for Occupational Therapist services in the Ottawa area. We are looking for Occupational Therapists to provide hands-on support for clients to work towards their individual goals for recovery. We are looking for OTs with interests in the fields of concussions, pediatrics, neurorehabilitation, acute musculoskeletal injuries, hospital discharge planning, chronic pain, and mental health.
You would be an awesome addition to our team if:
- You are willing and excited to learn, receive mentorship from other disciplines, and love sharing your vast knowledge with others.
- You have demonstrated skills and an interest in clinical treatment.
- You love feeling in control of your clientele and schedule.
- You appreciate a tech-forward workplace because #efficiency!
- You are interested in working collaboratively and with a multidisciplinary team.
- Flexible scheduling available with individual control over booking clients/availability
- This position is part time but can build up to full time hours
RATE OF PAY
- 70% of billable hourly rate
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible caseload and schedule
- Access to mentorship and resources to support your practice
- Access and administrative support for management softwares, online booking systems, and digital charting
- Strong administrative support and clinical direction from an experienced team
- Connection to Spark University, our sister non-profit organization, for support with professional development as an independent contractor, access to an online category of professional resources including assessments and templates to increase clinical performance and efficiency, and ongoing professional support.
- 99% paperless
- Registration in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with independently as well as part of a rehabilitation team
- Ability to work with different personality types
- Computer skills (i.e. ability to work in MS Word and Outlook)
- Experience working within the MVA (motor vehicle accident) system or third party payer equivalent
- Experience providing OT assessment and treatment in a community setting
- Bilingualism preferred, though not required
Therapy is tailored to each person, so each position is unique. Whatever the circumstances, we want people who will genuinely care about their wellbeing.
At Spark, we value community, work life balance and career development. To help foster your personal and professional growth, we partner with Spark University, a non-profit focused on connecting, educating, and empowering caregivers. Spark U provides you with learning opportunities to make sure you are providing quality care for your clients. You can check them out at www.sparku.ca
Whatever our clients’ age, background, or circumstances, we help them choose the perfect fit from our handpicked team of passionate, skilled and committed care providers. As a care provider with Spark, you have a voice in the matching process. We believe that your input will foster the best long-term relationships with your clients. At Spark, you’ll have flexibility, autonomy and a team who truly cares about you.
Whatever your age, ability, orientation, ethnicity, race, culture, religion or gender identity - you are welcome. Our community is stronger and more vibrant when it is more diverse.
Check us out: www.sparkcares.ca