PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
At Spark, we are 100% client-centric. We focus on matching caregivers to our clients’ diverse needs by basing our match-making criteria on clinical skills, personal interests, and convenience of location. This nurturing process is ideal for building therapeutic relationships, promoting a strong continuity of care, and giving caregivers full control over their own schedules. Our caregivers put the ‘client-centredness’ back into professional caregiving. Spark Inc is proud to be an inclusive and equity-focused organization.
Are you ready to work in a healthy working environment? One where you will truly feel like your hard work will pay off?
- Are you passionate about building long-term therapeutic relationships with clients and giving them control of their own unique care program?
- Are you interested in keeping clients away from facilities and hospitals?
- Are you seeking a role that allows you to be fully in control of your own work schedule?
- Are you looking to acquire nursing skills to advance your career?
- Do you want to be a part of a team that supports one another’s growth?
If yes, apply with us to connect with our team of compassionate caregivers. You never know where an opportunity will lead you!
Our clients are lovely individuals seeking compassionate care in the Ottawa region and valley. After experiencing traumas such as car accidents, complex medical diagnoses, or facing issues with their natural development, they are looking for personal care support within their homes including: toileting, transfers, dressing and more. Our clients have a wide range of interests, from cars and mechanics, to word games, to good conversation, to pets, and everything in between! You are an ideal candidate to work with us if you are passionate about helping people, if you are reliable, love working in a team, and have PSW certification or equivalent.
RATE OF PAY
Starting at $25/hr
- Cover letter outlining why you would be a great match for Spark. Tell us who you are!
- Valid First Aid and CPR Standard level C certification
- Smartphone with a data plan
- Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check (within the last 12 months)
- PSW Certification
- Member of the PSW Ontario Association
- Vaccination Records
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
- University and/or College education in a related field
- Driver’s License “G” class with access to a vehicle
Spark is looking to hire motivated, dedicated, and experienced Support Workers. In this role, you’ll be supporting individuals in the community requiring direct care with personal hygiene, meal preparation, organization, and light housekeeping.
Care is tailored to each person, so each position is unique. Some clients need mainly in-home support. Others require support participating in community activities. Whatever the circumstances, we want people who will genuinely care about their wellbeing.
Why Choose Spark?
At Spark, we value community, work life balance and career development. To help foster your personal and professional growth, we partner with Spark University, a non-profit focused on connecting, educating, and empowering caregivers. Spark U provides you with learning opportunities to make sure you are providing quality care for your clients. You can check them out at www.sparku.ca
Whatever our clients’ age, background, or circumstances, we help them choose the perfect fit from our handpicked team of passionate, skilled and committed caregivers. As a caregiver with Spark, you have a voice in the matching process. We believe that your input will foster the best long-term relationships with your clients. At Spark, you’ll have flexibility, autonomy and a team who truly cares about you.
Whatever your age, ability, orientation, ethnicity, race, culture, religion or gender identity - you are welcome. Our community is stronger and more vibrant when it is more diverse and inclusive.
Check us out: www.sparkcares.ca