SparkAI is seeking an experienced full-stack engineer to help expand the core SparkAI product. Your fidelity to design and front-end skills will help bring the visual side of the product to life, while your back-end work will ensure a robust application experience. We work with a range of technologies, some familiar, some new and this role will touch many of them. This is an ideal role for an individual with experience bringing full applications to life.
We’re a fast-growing engineering team working together to make big things happen. This role comes with a lot of ownership and responsibility! You’ll have the opportunity to create a significant impact on the product immediately. We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
WHO WE ARE
SparkAI is on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’re starting by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production.
Founded by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto), SparkAI is changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the most ambitious teams to deliver groundbreaking automation products sooner than ever.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE
- Touch all areas of our product, from our real-time connection management, dispatching and algorithmic
- Work with our product and design teams, bring our visual designs to life in a web-based environment
- Build quality, featured, rich and reusable React components
- Support our future mobile efforts
- Participate in the development of new UI features to support our customer
- Build out new features to support our growing enterprise customer base
- Write high quality software in a fun, collaborative environment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience building single-page applications (SPA), using React and similar technologies
- Experience with server-side web technologies such as Node.js, Python, Go, or similar.
- Development of modern customer-facing APIs with robust documentation
- Knowledge of CSS, including implementing maintainable architecture
- Experience integrating production SQL databases
- Strong ability for independent thinking and capability to develop creative solutions to problems and questions with few or missing inputs
- Self-starter with infectious enthusiasm, energy and problem-solving abilities
- Out-of-the-box thinker who sees opportunities and solutions, where others see roadblocks
- Driven and motivated to grow with a top-tier team
- At least two years of professional experience relating to the role
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU
- Are interested in robotic applications, and developing software that assists robots
- Want to join a fun, fast-moving engineering team
- Are excited about robotics, and the future of automation
- Are a self-starter with infection enthusiasm, energy and problem-solving abilities
- Click below to send us your resume or Linkedin profile
- If we think you are a great fit, we’ll set up an introductory phone call with you. This will be an opportunity to get to know more about us, our culture, and our vision for robotics
- From there, we’ll set up a remote interview with our team; we understand your time is valuable and we will work around your schedule
- From the interview, you’ll hear from us within a week about an offer or next steps
- Even if you don’t think you’re a fit or the timing is right, we’d still love to hear from you!
- Paid coverage of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for all US employees
- Flexible, remote work environment with paid vacation time
- Remote working environment allows this role to be based anywhere in the United States
- Be an integral part of a high-energy, collaborative team that’s passionate about the future of automation and robotics
- High degree of responsibility and autonomy in your day-to-day, with tremendous growth opportunities
SparkAI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Spark AI provides equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.