SparkAI is seeking a seasoned Director of Sales to join as a member of the enterprise GTM team. This is a unique opportunity for outsized upside and impact. This individual will be responsible for accelerating the company's revenue growth across Global 2000 and large enterprise customers.
The right candidate is intimately familiar with the drivers of successful enterprise sales with the ingredients of growth at an early stage company and has a proven track record of driving 6- and 7-figure enterprise deals to close. Important as well is a familiarity with the AI / ML development lifecycle and the acute challenges to commercialization today.
WHO WE ARE
SparkAI is on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’re starting by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production.
Founded by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto), SparkAI is changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the most ambitious teams to deliver groundbreaking automation products sooner than ever.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE
- End-to-end deal generation to close, focused on Global 2000 and large enterprise
- Expansion of existing customer relationships and revenue opportunities
- Lead customer conversations, from discovery through deal close
- Drive exploration, evaluation, and prioritization of new industries, applications, accounts
- Develop and nurture pipeline across sales cycle to close
- Develop high-performing sales playbook and execution strategy
- Accurately plan and provide regular forecasting across the book of business
- Significant contribution and/or key driver of commercial contracting and deal negotiation
- Significant contribution to pricing strategy development
- Guide design of sales enablement tools and workflows (CRM, lead gen tools, pipeline management, outreach automation)
- Implementation of an effective sales methodology (ICE CUP / Challenger / Selling Above and Below the Line / Question Based Selling)
- Support development of sales collateral, in conjunction with product marketing
- Join CEO in evangelizing in the market (create demand through conferences, podcasts, speaking engagements, etc.); build compelling, value focused and differentiated stories
- Contribute to iteration of messaging and market positioning
- Longterm partner/relationship development at the CXO of Global 2000 companies AND rocketship/blue chip ventures
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in direct quota carrying sales roles
- 1+ year in sales management
- Proven track record of overachievement in previous revenue-generating roles; revenue targets met/exceeded consistently
- Experience selling to C level and senior technical and/or business stakeholders
- Experience selling into large enterprise (Fortune 500, Global 2000)
- Experience selling significant enterprise contracts (6-figure and above)
- Experience with targeted, consultative sales approaches
- Ability to travel to client site 10-20% of the time, or as necessary (post-COVID)
- Ability to contribute to prioritized product feedback/roadmaps
- Experience in early-stage startup environment; comfort wearing many hats and building the railroad as you go – you’ll need to both develop and execute the playbook
- Ability to deeply understand key business drivers at prospective customers and instantly align product positioning toward them
- Outstanding writing & communication skills
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU
- Are excited about robotics, and the future of automation
- Are ready for the challenge of creating a category and championing a new concept in the market
- Are looking for an opportunity to drive immediate impact and build a high-performing GTM function
- Are a self-starter with infectious enthusiasm, energy and problem-solving abilities
- Are an out-of-the-box thinker who sees opportunities and solutions, where others see roadblocks
- Click below to send us your resume or LinkedIn profile
- If we think you are a great fit, we’ll set up an introductory phone call with you. This will be an opportunity to get to know more about us, our culture, and our vision for robotics
- From there, we’ll set up a remote interview with our team; we understand your time is valuable and we will work around your schedule
- From the interview, you’ll hear from us within a week about next steps
- Even if you don’t think you’re a fit or the timing is right, we’d still love to hear from you!
- Paid coverage of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for all US employees
- Flexible, remote work environment with paid vacation time
- Remote working environment allows this role to be based anywhere in the United States
- Be an integral part of a high-energy, collaborative team that’s passionate about the future of automation and robotics
- High degree of responsibility and autonomy in your day-to-day, with tremendous growth opportunities
Compensation is market-competitive with a yearly cash base of $125,000 - $175,000 or greater based on experience and hiring geography. Compensation package will also include a comprehensive benefits package, generous commission plan, and equity.
SparkAI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Spark AI provides equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.