We’re looking for a backend engineer to join our small and growing engineering team. In this role, you'll be working on a wide range of interesting backend problems - algorithmic, database, security, infrastructure just to name a few. Our production environment supports numerous live robots in the field - you'll be developing novel solutions that scale to support our growing customer base and their use cases.
We’re a fast-growing engineering team working together to make big things happen. This role comes with a lot of ownership and responsibility! You’ll have the opportunity to create a significant impact on the product immediately. We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
WHO WE ARE
SparkAI is on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’re starting by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production.
Founded by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto), SparkAI is changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the most ambitious teams to deliver groundbreaking automation products sooner than ever.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE
- Write safe and secure backend software for our production system
- Touch all areas of our product, from our real-time connection management, dispatching and algorithmic
- Build out new features to support our growing enterprise customer base
- Write high quality software in a fun, collaborative environment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Production experience with any backend language (we code in Rust / Typescript / Python / more)
- Experience with production SQL databases
- System engineering experience or have worked with complex distributed architectures
- Experience with modern cloud technologies (we use a considerable amount of GCP products)
- Demonstrated ability to produce reliable, secure and quality software
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU
- Are interested in robotic applications, and developing software that assist robots
- Want to join a fun, fast-moving engineering team
- Are excited about robotics, and the future of automation
- Are a self-starter with infection enthusiasm, energy and problem-solving abilities
- Click below to send us your resume or Linkedin profile
- If we think you are a great fit, we’ll set up an introductory phone call with you. This will be an opportunity to get to know more about us, our culture, and our vision for robotics
- From there, we’ll set up a remote interview with our team; we understand your time is valuable and we will work around your schedule
- From the interview, you’ll hear from us within a week about an offer or next steps
- Even if you don’t think you’re a fit or the timing is right, we’d still love to hear from you!
- Paid coverage of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for all US employees
- Flexible, remote work environment with paid vacation time
- Remote working environment allows this role to be based anywhere in the United States
- Be an integral part of a high-energy, collaborative team that’s passionate about the future of automation and robotics
- High degree of responsibility and autonomy in your day-to-day, with tremendous growth opportunities
Compensation is market-competitive with a yearly cash base of $75,000 - $175,000 or greater based on experience and hiring geography. Compensation package will also include a comprehensive benefits package and equity.
SparkAI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Spark AI provides equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.